Ok im ready to buy a condensor mic ADVICE PLEASE

Young City

Now that i got my latency problems fix im ready to buy a condesor mic, i seen one at zzounds.com in the $60's without tax but i dont wanan risk anything, wich mic should i buy?
Its gonna be stricly and only for recording vocals (hip hop) and i dont wanna spend no more than like $150

dang how u know do u have it, it would be kind of a pain to buy it cause im kidna tight on budget and im saving for some monitors too, but if the qualityu is that great i would be willing to spend that cash.

And the one i mention aint any good?

If there is a Guitar Center Or Sam Ash Music Store anywhere in your area , I suggest go there! They have The ability to work with you on pricing. I got a Oktava Mk-319 Condencer Mic , A shock mount, A Popper stopper, & a Presonis PreTube Pre-Amp for $200.00 Out the door. If you have the ear for vocal clarity this little set up is great for a home studio. Trust Me!

The mic you posted in ok, and just that, a low end condensor. I say save up $200.00 and get a Rode or even a Studio Projects. You will be pleased in the long run for sure.

kk994 said:
The Rode NT1A is very nice at about the $200 mark. Large diaphram condenser. great sound. It really is worth saving for one good mic.

http://www.zzounds.com/a--2676837/prodsearch?form=prodsearch&q=rode+nt1a

For a review:

http://www.musiciansnews.com/singing/97/rode_nt1a_studio_condenser_microphone.shtml

On a budget check out the Samson C03 at $100 u cant go wrong.

hmm if anything i will get the 1st one u posted although that ratins say that its a 7.3/10 or aroundbouts, th esecond mic they state that is not really for vocal use and it will give you the best results when recording instruments and ratings are kinda low too, i want a straight up vocal mic .

http://www.zzounds.com/a--2676837/prodsearch?form=prodsearch&q=Samson+C03

for a review:

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/nov....htm?session=a47eacda664615a3da18260e2d87029f

The Samson is not great but at the price.....Ok
I use the Rode NT1A at home and a Neumann TLM 108 in the studio. Always the Neumann is going to sound better but the Rode is very sweet and sounds very open for vocals. For $200 i was exremely happy and quite surprised to be honest.
Demo it to find out.... also demo the Neumann TLM108 about $1000 just to hear the difference between a top end mic and a mid range. There is a big difference but jsut so as you can get a feel for the territory your trying to get to.

I'm tempted to say, that if you are using this mic for vocals, and only vocals, perhaps a condensor isn't the way to go. Something such as a NT1A is a multi-purpose microphone, which, although sounds excellent for almost everything, doesn't cut it compared to some others purely in terms of capturing vocals.

If you are looking solely to purchase a microphone for vocals, I would tend to go for a high quality dynamic, such as a Sennheiser e855. That is a specially designed vocal mic, and sounds much better on my voice than an NT2 (partly because I'm a crap singer granted, and although I would never dream of performing a hip-hop song, i do have quite a similar deep voice). It will probably cost you most of your budget if not a little more, but for vocals only, it's fantastic.

OutOfFaze said:
I'm tempted to say, that if you are using this mic for vocals, and only vocals, perhaps a condensor isn't the way to go. Something such as a NT1A is a multi-purpose microphone, which, although sounds excellent for almost everything, doesn't cut it compared to some others purely in terms of capturing vocals.

If you are looking solely to purchase a microphone for vocals, I would tend to go for a high quality dynamic, such as a Sennheiser e855. That is a specially designed vocal mic, and sounds much better on my voice than an NT2 (partly because I'm a crap singer granted, and although I would never dream of performing a hip-hop song, i do have quite a similar deep voice). It will probably cost you most of your budget if not a little more, but for vocals only, it's fantastic.
Sorry, but I don't agree, dynamic mics are mostly used for live performances and sounds like crap when you try to record with them...Get a nice condenser mic, the shure Mxl990 seems to be good, I never tried it, but I hears it's good from other users.

Dynamic mics are used in a recording studio all the time.

Kick Drum, Snare, Toms, Miking Bass amps, Miking Guitar amps, and vocals.

I've used both a Rode NT2 and a Sennheiser e845 (a step down from the e855), in a professional standard studio, and while the NT2 has a better high end response and picks up greater detail, the Sennehiser's sound is perfect for vocals. These mics aren't specifically stage mics, although they can be used in that way.

If he was looking for a multi-purpose mic, or a mic for Mariah Carey, yes, the NT1A would be best.

I co-sign anyone who said something about a Rode NT1-A. That the mic I have and I havenet had any problems with it in over a year. Just make sure you get a pop filter or two in front of it so you don't damage the mic. Spit from rapping can get into the mic and potentially ruin it.

Jos

For an extra 100 bucks, u should try out the Audio Technica 40/40 i have it in my set up it's it's perfect for capturing vocals. It's a little extra money but it's worth it in the long run.

I have the Samson c01 studio condenser and Iam very pleased with it..

I suggest you get the C03- the newer version..

I think you'll like it in the long run, very good mic for it's price.

Back