Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OH MPC or Cubase

Thanks

OH MPC or Cubase

Sign in to disable this ad
    I am hearing alot about cubase and MIDI. Is it better to sequence in Cubase or stick with the MPC for sequencing?
    DJ BIG
    Exit Entertainment
    We Do It For The Love Of Hip Hop

Thanks
    for me personally, I'd stick with the mpc. I've tried dequencing on a computer and I just plain like the mpc better.

Thanks
    i prefer the hands on feel as well.mpc
    Lost generation, fast paced nation, World population confront they frustration, The principles of true hip-hop have been forsaken, It's all contractual and about money makin, Pretend-to-be cats don't seem to know they limitation, Exact replication and false representation, You wanna be a man, then stand your own, To MC requires skills, I demand some shown

Thanks
    I'm not sure myself. I'm having the same dilemma. I mean the Akai sequencer is brilliant but then after reading some sound advice in The BeatTips manual ( see FP front page for review) I decided I would use the Akai as my dedicated sampler and cubase to sequence. Well actually I decided that an hour ago while thinking about it. But then again I could use the Akai as a dedicated sequencer and get a dedicated sampler. i know the Akai MPC2000 does both but as I said some good advice I received from The BeatTips Manual was that it's better to use a dedicated sequencer and a seperate sampler.
    Ok now i'm confused too. Akai as sequencer and get a dedicated sampler. Or Cubase as sequencer and Akai as sampler. WHAT 2 DO!!!! WHAT 2 DO!!!!!!!
    Kid $olo

Thanks
    It all depends on you . . .

After I switched to sequencing on a computer about 4 years ago, I haven't looked back.

If you don't mind the workflow of sequencing on a computer, definitely do that because it will help your production quality, as far as mixing/mastering/efx, greatly.
    Crunk off.

Thanks
    Thanx for that Ryan. I think I'll give it a go and if I'm feeling it I'll stick with that setup ( Cubase to seqeunce and MPC2000 to sample).
    I suppose it is down to the individual after all.
    Peace
    Kid $olo

Thanks
    mpc
    I see your fear. I see your greed. Only when I plunge... will you see me. Prick.

Thanks
    Originally posted by DaOriginalBlade
    mpc
    mpc??? are you just givin it a shout out or your saying mpc to sequence and get adedicated sampler. please expand on your reply. its a bit vague. lol

Thanks
    lol, well a little bit of both, love my MPC. You can def use it for both purposes, at the current time I do. I hope to purchase a S950 soon tho when funds allow. But just becuz you sample on your MPC doesnt mean you have to sacrfice its sequencing capabilities and use Cubase.. unless you want to of course. Right now I sequence EVERYTHING on the MPC, audio and midi. But soon I'ma be dumpin my samples onto my PC and lacin them there, then just do my drums and midi on my MPC, if I cant get it right I'll just record audio live thru protools. You just gotta find what processes fit YOU .. your skill level and your preference. Experimentation is the best thing to do in the production world. have fun.
    I see your fear. I see your greed. Only when I plunge... will you see me. Prick.

Thanks
    I prefer the MPC Sequencer myself.
    Ease Of Use.

Thread Information