Thread: Off the wall question about car stereo

Thanks

Off the wall question about car stereo

Sign in to disable this ad
    I'm trying to decide on a good stereo system for my car. Naturally I want to play radio, cd's etc but one thing I'm also considering is if there is a preferred type system that would be good for checking my cubase recordings for compatibility with other systems. I already have some decent monitors (genelec 8020a's with the subwoofer for it) but I thought maybe there's a car system that would better demonstrate that recordings that are good on it would be good on virtually all systems.
    I hope I'm making sense here. A car stereo system good for home studio playback????

Thanks
    Yo Mane Just Get Tha Best System In Ya Price Range And Expectations That U Think Would Fit You Wordup Hopefully Everyththang Turn Out Good

Thanks
    No car stereo is gonna let you judge recordings, they're built to make audio sound good. If you put it in and you've got the subs going and the bass is nice and smooth, the dude with a factory stereo isn't gonna be able to even hear the bass.

Get studio monitors, and if you want to judge how the audio will sound in most people's cars, play it on a factory stereo. That's what the majority of people will be listening to it on.

Thanks
    well basically what u wanna do is be able to listen to ur recordings on anything and have it sound good.like the guy above was saying,even if it sounds good in ur car doesnt mean its gonna sound good in every car,so u shouldnt buy a system that is gonna let u kno how ur recordings are gonna sound.u get what im saying,seems kinda confusing but its the best way i can put it.
    NEW BREED ENTERTAINMENT PRESENTS
    -NEW BREED BEATZ-
    WWW.MYSPACE.COM/NEWBREEDBEATZ
    http://www.soundclick.com/newbreedbeatz

Thread Information