Noob Question about Home Studio Setup

Mr.John

So I recently decided to try my hands on producing music and I'm starting with some beginner stuff till i get better. I have Propellerhead Reason 10, Nektar Impact LX 25, Mic-Audio Technica At-2035, Behringer Audio Interface (umc22) , and today I bought the Novation circuit groovebox with sample import.

Question:

So the question is basically do I need to buy the Behringer USB control xtouchmini, and when I say "need" I mean can I use the Novation Groovebox instead of using the Xtouch mini to control the DAW (when not making beats etc) or should i have both? Or is the Midi Kb enough with the Novation Groovebox?

I hope my question was clear and appreciate any feedback.
81sWCzQWnBL._SL1500_.jpg71fnaBtsHNL._SL1500_.jpg81pML8ue9AL._SL1500_.jpg512Gm2THSUL._SL1000_.jpg

Your MIDI kb and the Circuit can both act as controllers for Reason, so I'd say you don't "need" anything. Of course it's always nice to have dedicated controls for any given unit, but at this point I'd probably get to practicing and then decide if it's something that can help your workflow.

Your MIDI kb .....

Thanks man really appreciate the feedback, I have been waiting for the shipment of my items to Saudi (I work here), so i was trying to do as much research as possible as to what I need to make sure the shipment would be one and not many (cheaper), while doing some classes on producing on Udemy.

Im going to do exactly what you said, as I came to the conclusion too.

But again thanks for the feedback.

Back