Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Noob Need Some Help Please!

Thanks

Noob Need Some Help Please!

Sign in to disable this ad
    Wusup, this is my first time posting. I dont know alot about the equipment used to record and what not, I just use fruity loops to make my beats and things like that. I got $600-$700 to use to by some studio equipment and I need to know what I should get with that budget. I just basically want somethin that I can use to record vocals with with real good quality. I dont care if its something that I have to put the beats on cd and record over it but I would rather something that I can use through software. If anyone has any suggestions of the things I can buy to do this please let me know, I gotta let my parents know soon so they can go buy it. Thanks.

Thanks
    Unless you have a pretty recently-made computer, you are probably best served by getting a multitrack digital recorder like a Fostex MR-8 (about $300) and then perhaps some powered monitors or a microphone with the rest of your $.

Thanks
    what are the specs of the computer you are using now?
    Big shots to Chris Lighty for turning this rap industry into the WWE-Jim Jones
    http://img354.imageshack.us/img354/4189/pics6mu.jpg

pay up biaytch

Thanks
    Well, I'd say you need a microphone since you want to record vocals. In order to make the microphen sound good you need a pre-amp. Third, to get the sound from the microphone to your computer you need a soundcard.

The M-Audio Duo is an external device wich acts both as mic pre-amp and audio connector to your computer (i.e. soundcard). It gives very good soundquality and is pretty cheap. I've been using it for a while to record vocals and guitars and I think it's very easy to use - I've gotten professional jobs as well as semi-professional out of the music I've produce with the M-Audio Duo.

If you want record really good vocals I suggest that you buy a Shure mike, the SM8 perhaps, (well respected microphone brand) and an M-Audio Duo since it has built in mic preamps.

The price for a this would be aproximatly $380.
    If you have the Producer edition of Fruity Loops 4 then you could record your vocals in Fruity (I haven't tried that though).

If you want to spend the rest of your money then I would get a midi keyboard and a midi-interface (or a keyboard with built in mid interface - just plug it in the USB-port) so you can play software synths and sampled sounds from it. Or get some nice headphones and a mic stand.

You would probably want a sequencer like Cubase or Logic eventually but I think you could do almost everything in Fruity Loops in the beginning. But then you need - Fruity Loops Studio Producer Edition - only that version enables audiorecording.

There are other solutions but mine is effective yet cheap (I know it's possible to record music with a Sound Blaster as well, but you seem to have a good budget).

Hope this helps,

Giannis

Thanks

Wow guys thanks for the info its very helpful keep it comin please if you can. I plan to look up everything yall are talking about. BTW my comp is a P3 it seems to work fine with all the audio and video I do for school but I plan to upgrade that soon as well. Thanks.

Thanks
    There are several area's you need to look at. First of all, how far do you wanna take this project? Do you wanna promote your **** or do you just wanna mess around wit your boys in the basement? Secondly, what kind of space do you have to work with? And thirdly, is $700-800 all you are willing to spend right now, or are you gonna expand (which is kinda tied into the first point)???
    Koko can't dunk.

Thanks
    Well I'm majoring in digital production in college. I just started school and I've only been taking video classes until next semester but my main focus will be on audio so I plan to take it as far as I can physically go. I only got $600-$700 now becasue whatever I get will be a gift then I plan to invest my own money in the future when I figure out what else to buy but for now I wanna buy what would be the most useful within my budget.

Thanks
    Well I'm majoring in digital production in college. I just started school and I've only been taking video classes until next semester but my main focus will be on audio so I plan to take it as far as I can physically go. I only got $600-$700 now becasue whatever I get will be a gift then I plan to invest my own money in the future when I figure out what else to buy but for now I wanna buy what would be the most useful within my budget.

Thanks
    Welcome to FP - Diztance !!
    I feel MOOG'ed today...
    http://www.myspace.com/thmsynthfreak

Thanks
    Doesnt you educational institute have anything. Why buy stuff when you can use the best for free?

Thread Information