Thread: Newbie studio Q's

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Ok, I'm getting kinda tired of just playing songs for myself live, and I'm ready to start recording. Part of the reason is because I think I'll have more creativity tools at my disposal with a full complement of recording equipment (effects, mixer, recorder, editor, etc.). The problem is, I have no clue what makes a good mixer. How many tracks do I need? My sampler has 8 outs, my synth has one, and I plan on adding another sampler and some sound modules, plus effects. I have a hardware sequencer(Yamaha RM1X), and I like a few of the sounds in it and would like to use them, but it only has one output, which means any patches I sequence with native RM1X sounds would be recorded on a track-by-track basis. I don't want to buy something just to tide me over for a while, and then realize it doesn't do what I'd like it to do. Another problem is, I don't know whether to record to tape, ADAT, DAT, MiniDisc, get a Digital Audio Workstation, or just run a mixer to my PC. If I ran a mixer to my PC, would I just use Cubase or something like that to record each track individually, and then arrange them once they're recorded? Or what? I want quality gear that I won't outgrow!

Thanks
    get a basic 16 ch mixer Mackie VLZ is good and Cubase plus a soundcard.

My screen has freeked out so I can't tell if what I am posting is coming up , guess my puter is tired
    Robin

[url]www.opaic.com[/url]

Underground Funky Dance Label

Thread Information