new studio pics

Saulvb, that is a tight-ass setup, my man. It took some $$$ and work to get your gear, and by the way you have it neat and organized, you respect it.

thanks for the replies peeps. i mainly work with rock, jazz and hip hop. lately i've been doin alot of beat making for some hip hop cats out here in LA. and even some electronic stuff for myself. i play guitar bass and some keyboards. i still have to update my latest additions to my gear list and i will add pictures later so i'll keep you all posted. as far as computer specs i'm running a P4 on an asus motherboard with 768 MB of RAM. i have one 30 gig system drive, a 60 gig audio drive, and an external 120 gig hard drive. just for the hell of it and for soundfonts i have an audigy platinum soundcard. my software includes Sonar 3 (gotta get 4 soon) Reason, rebirth, sound forge for editing, Acid Pro 4, and on my G4 i have audiodesk, Reason, rebirth, and cubase SX. i'm gonna be getting a Behringer 3282A next week and a couple other preamps a few weeks from now. i'll show you new updates as they come and keep making music my peeps!!
peace
saul

saulvb said:
thanks for the replies peeps. i mainly work with rock, jazz and hip hop. lately i've been doin alot of beat making for some hip hop cats out here in LA. and even some electronic stuff for myself. i play guitar bass and some keyboards. i still have to update my latest additions to my gear list and i will add pictures later so i'll keep you all posted. as far as computer specs i'm running a P4 on an asus motherboard with 768 MB of RAM. i have one 30 gig system drive, a 60 gig audio drive, and an external 120 gig hard drive. just for the hell of it and for soundfonts i have an audigy platinum soundcard. my software includes Sonar 3 (gotta get 4 soon) Reason, rebirth, sound forge for editing, Acid Pro 4, and on my G4 i have audiodesk, Reason, rebirth, and cubase SX. i'm gonna be getting a Behringer 3282A next week and a couple other preamps a few weeks from now. i'll show you new updates as they come and keep making music my peeps!!
peace
saul

why would you quote my longass post ibe n' soul...oh you're 16. nevermind!

nice setup... very nice setup. What kind of keyboard is that tucked underneath your comp. screen?

Oh, and u might as well let me get that Les Paul :-D

Question for u since u play guitar... I'm looking to learn to play guitar and want to buy a decent one to start out. I'm been told the Yamaha Pacifica is good for the price range I'm thinking ($200). I've also heard I should look for a nice used guitar, but I'm a bit skeptical. Any ideas??

TapingYourMouth said:
nice setup... very nice setup. What kind of keyboard is that tucked underneath your comp. screen?

Oh, and u might as well let me get that Les Paul :-D

Question for u since u play guitar... I'm looking to learn to play guitar and want to buy a decent one to start out. I'm been told the Yamaha Pacifica is good for the price range I'm thinking ($200). I've also heard I should look for a nice used guitar, but I'm a bit skeptical. Any ideas??

if you want to go the used route, which i would personally choose, go for a fender strat. you can get one of the mexican made ones which are way better than the korean and chinese made ones, for about 200-300 dollars. very versatile and easy to get into tone and neckwise. and the yamaha pacifica is a copy of the strat design anyway, so why not have the original
peace
saul

Whooooaaaa! You registered in 2002 and you only got 13 posts? Nice setup though...What do you use all those foot switches for?

Prime Suspekt said:
Whooooaaaa! You registered in 2002 and you only got 13 posts? Nice setup though...What do you use all those foot switches for?

those are guitar effects pedals. i used them to record and play live.
saul

I see that you have a minidisc and a sony mic for it. ever use much? I have the same one home and I'm wondering what you've tried so far...

hey looks like you got m-audio bx5's right? do you use a subwoofer or do you find the monitor frequency low enuff for mixing hip hop?

UunderdogG said:
I see that you have a minidisc and a sony mic for it. ever use much? I have the same one home and I'm wondering what you've tried so far...
i use the minidisc for sampling and recording my band's rehearsals. every single one of them. it really helps in terms of working out details for songs and samples of live every day occurrences. very useful unit. i actually have another three different ones. some older ones and soem newer ones. in my opinion every musician who is into sampling should have one.
peace
saul

daddy2cool said:
hey looks like you got m-audio bx5's right? do you use a subwoofer or do you find the monitor frequency low enuff for mixing hip hop?

i actually have the older sp5b's and i actually don't use the subs with them but the bass is very accurate and reliable with these monitors. the BX5's are even better. i highly recommend them. they are in my opinion a great investment.
peace
saul

Nice setup.
Just wondering, how do you use ur mac in conjunction with your pc? Because Ive got a G3 iBook and obviously its not really fast enough to do a lot of work but I can get quite a bit done on it. I've got quite a fast PC in the studio now so I'm trying to figure out how to use them together?

Cheers

Nice setup and nice pics man... Question... how sturdy is that rack mount u use... I'm a bit skeptical about getting an open one like that cause they seem flimsy...

Back