New Setup

S

Soundsafe

Hey I'm getting ready to setup a studio with a more professional feel to it, well better equipment then what I already have.

I Have probably about a $5000 budget at the most. Not including a computer and recording software, thats already covered.

I really want the Mackie Control Universal to be apart of the studio and 8thstreet has it for $849 , and I basicly want to build around that, what equipment would you recommend for my budget I do mostly rap music. I was looking into the firewire audiophile would that be a good choice, Im looking to have the Mack control Universal, A Nice Drum Machine, Studio Monitors, Microphone , Mixer. But I dont know what type of equipment to get, could someone help me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Soundsafe,

I'd recommend:

Avalon 737sp ($2000)
Mackie 848 (or whatever number) monitors ($1000 +)
Digi 001 (used $500)
Shure KSM44 (or 48?) ($800)

whoops, no room for the Mackie Control!
no need for that... ;)
rest on cables stands rack sample cd (unless you don't have a soft sampler... in which case I'd get one of those)

ahhhh wish I had $5000 to spend

(you can also lose the KSM mic and pick up the Shure SM7 for the underground sound and still ahve enough left over for a MPC1000)

(you could also lose the Avalon and go with Great River MV1 and a FMR RNC combo which will save you $500 and get you arguably better results)

choices choices.. I'm going to go and look through my sweetwater catalogue again before I go to bed ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you should get:
A mpc 1000
Motif ES6
A usb zip drive
A turntable
alot of old records
fantom-x rack
mackie monitors
mackie control

Back