New to the forum, building a studio $250K-500K is the budget.

MoodyBDMG

Whats good my name is Moody, I'm a producer, songwriter and vocal coach. I always browse through the pages of FP my cousin is a producer here named Sleep Deez, he use to come on here back in the day often. Just wanted to introduce myself and possibly network with some talented producers, songwriters and singers.
Anywho, Sleep is buildin a studio, main rooms going to run an SSL 900 AWS+ one is going to run a D Control board and the smallest room will run the new version of the Pro Control 24, the C24. There will also be a production room with everything that you can think of inside.
I want to get feedback on mics, mic pres, converters, in wall monitors, soundproofing, just any overall input. Any professional studio designers, or certified engineers hit me up as well, as Sleep will be hiring later in the year. Studio designers looking for work should hit me up asap.
We plan on opening up in the fall. We're going to have 2 lounges, one private, a kitchen and a weight room in the studio as well. I'll be on for a while feel free to hit me up.

Wow you've come to the wrong place bro. Most cats studios on here aint worth 250 bucks let alone 250k.

I would advise going to the sound on sound forums, they actually have a lot of professionals over there that will be able to give you proper advice.

www.soundonsound.com

Good luck.

The only advice I can tell you is to seek professional advice. Make sure your setup is diverse. Your going to want different textures for different situations. Above all, make sure you have some sort of security in place.

It's Going To Be In LA Right? I Much Are You Gonna Charge An Hour. The Boards Along Are Gonna Cost You 150,000+Tax. The Pre's, Converters Speakers ETC Are Gonna Cost You Like 50,000-80,000 Depending On What Stuff You Get. Anyways Sounds Cool.

The studio will be out in The O.C.
If we found someone capable of design we would definitely fly them out to California and pay them to get the job done, that's not a problem at all.

Black Diamondz in the housssse

good luck wit wat ur lookin for homie

good links dropped in here

kang said:
Nuff said!

Welcome to FP dude.

He should definitely invest in getting some hi res pictures of his work.

Appreciate the love everybody thanks for the links.

Last edited:
Welcome To F.P. Moody, I'd Also Suggest Getting Professional Advice When Dealing With A Budget Of That Amount...! Best Bet, SoundonSound or Gear Slutz...!

We got some good pro advice, Sleep's making the final decisions anyways, I just wanted some opinions. You know GC Pro is telling us to buy this, that,this, and all kinds of **** we may or may not need.
Also web designers send me some links to your work, we have a nice budget setup for a flash page. Do you guys network here? I've read more arguing about lil wayne then anybody taking advantage of the web and the people on here willing to network. Where are the hot writers, creative producers at????????

MoodyBDMG said:
We got some good pro advice, Sleep's making the final decisions anyways, I just wanted some opinions. You know GC Pro is telling us to buy this, that,this, and all kinds of **** we may or may not need.

Don't listen to GC, and don't listen to 99% of the people here. I think you could find some studio designer pro's in your area, and with the 10-15g's they will charge you, you will save from the ****ty equipment choices you might do with the wrong information.

MoodyBDMG said:
Also web designers send me some links to your work, we have a nice budget setup for a flash page. Do you guys network here? I've read more arguing about lil wayne then anybody taking advantage of the web and the people on here willing to network. Where are the hot writers, creative producers at????????

really though FP is turning into a lil wayne message board...lol...yeah with that budget ur better off getting some pro help...I wouldn't put my money on people online unless I was asking about a specific piece of equipment...and even then...

I would suggest manley voxbox? compressors, the avalon compressors, La2a's if u can find em, neve pre amps and api's and avalon pre, maybe some distressor compressors, U87 mics at least 6, at least 2 U47's, a C800 G if u can afford it. This is the stuff I see in da studio I intern at. Maaaad mic stands, boom stands, keyboard stands, guitar stands, xlr mic cables, 1/4 inch cables, 1/8 inch to bantom and maybe xlr cables, dope ass monitors, they dynaudios and auspurger's(?) for loud speakers, NS10's and Mackie 8 inch joints. Ummmmm damn that's all I can think of for now....oh and CLIENTS lol nah j/k...1

We're really considering gettin that Duality board, Sleep wants it, but its crazy expensive. We could go with the AWS 900 but he wants that to be like the C Room board. We're grinding it out, it'll all come together. Anybody got experience with the SSL Racks? We got tons of options there's no rush.

I've already spoken to Sleep regarding producers etc. I'm just waiting to hear back from him.

Moody... I strongly suggest you check out the link i posted earlier. Speak to John Sayers. He's designed some amazing studios and he is well learned. He really and truly knows what he's on about.

I got my studio design finalised by posting on his forum. The people on his forum are extremely knowledgeable as well but you could be waiting a few weeks for a reply to any thread you post because John has a full time job (as do many of the pro members on the board) so it's best to speak to John one to one and pay for his services, he'll even be able to recommened gear for you based on your needs.

Kang.

Last edited:
Back