neptunes, timbaland, dre

kristo

Im just wondering if anyone knows what type of equipment (hardware & software) these producers use to make there music

dre uses the mpc3000 for his main sequencing piece.
timbaland uses the triton
neptunes.....dont know......but i seen their studio

The Neptunes also use a Triton....don't know about anything else though...

Don't go by whats been posted in here so far. All 3 of these producers use a wide range of gear. Yes, they all have MPC 3000's, yes they all have triton's and yes they all use a lot more equipment than that. Dre especially. He uses a lot of vintage gear and live instruments.

chill out kid....but i know dre uses the mpc3000 and the sp1200....cause he said that in Recording magazine some time back yo.....

but i could careless...i'm still tryin to work my joints

*shakes head*

I should know better than to come to sites like this. I'll give it a chance but I sure hope people know how to listen. Especially when a real professional is the one posting.

LOL:D 'Sup, someone slightly disagreed with you ... so what? Don't get all patronising and 'real professional'.

KasioRoks

Hey game CEO, you made me curious, so tell me, what's in your rack and what's on your resume. I'll tell my secret...
I am in fact someone who has NO tracks released, barely even finished one, and in my rack is a zoom rfx1000, a dbx 266xl and a extreme lead. I use a powerbook with cubasis (yes, cubasIS, still washing dishes to get cubase) for sequencing, a us428 as a soundcard, a rode nt1 mic i power thru a behringer 602 mixer, alesis m1 active monitors, turntables and a couple of records. Not pro, still fun.

Game Ceo i have to feel ya on this. advice is advice. truly to me dre can do whatever but he comes quick cus he DOES use a huuge amount of vintage and old school gear/sounds in his ****...but its also all brought abound together in this digital world digital studio. let alone i could care less what he does. though a understandable mixture of vintage and not so vintage gear and sounds is harmony for any professional and i feel exactly what your saying. some people just dont listen and some just wouldnt understand. peace

All that matters is the end result.

I know that the ASR-10 is the main beat machine behind the Neptunes. I love its' gritty, 12-bit sound. (Is it 12-bit? I can't remember.) Personally, I never liked the ASR I had... to each their own.

Besides, you can downsample to 12-bit and emulate vintage filters in just about any audio editing program.

I have a laptop and a Korg PadKontrol and I can crank out beats more fluidly than I ever could with traditional "hardware."

Also, is it just me or does it seem like half the people on these forums are the kinds of douchebags you'd see wearing t-shirts down to their knees, with flat-billed hats and Timberlands? I hate mainstream rap.

Nah I don't dress like that and just so everyone knows I produce on my normal home pc wit no controllers cuz I'm too young to afford that stuff.

O yea go to myspace.com/zonebeats to hear some of my stuff

Last edited:
The idea is that these players are tight in the game ....yes..yes they are...BUT techno wise I think they might be a bit behind....and its what they KNOW. The new and upcoming producers will use controllers and software...with some but minimal actual hardware. So dont be too conserned with what they use....and I saw an m-audio radium 64 in timmys studio last time sooo...maybe he IS pickin it up

harmonized1 said:
and I saw an m-audio radium 64 in timmys studio last time sooo...maybe he IS pickin it up

10,000 FP viewers just left to cop the Radium 64.

HAHA :monkey:

Back