Need a new midi keyboard. Suggestions?

B

Bantha

I have recently purchased the Cakewalk Home Studio and already had an old Yamaha PSR-400 keyboard. However, I am getting recording errors and after researching this keyboard I think that it is just too old and not completely MIDI compatible. I am looking to purchase a new MIDI keyboard. I only need it for recording purposes through my PC and will not be using it for live performances. Are there any suggestions for good MIDI compatible keyboards that suit this purpose without breaking the bank?

Carnage said:
Celltrip, how do you like the pcr-30? Im about to buy one but arent sure whether to get that or the Radium 61? Maybe even a 44KC?

When I was buying a controller I had three options, the Radium 49, PCR-30 and Midiman Oxygen 8. I found that Oxygen didn't have enough keys (only 24), Radium had too much (49 keys) (it didn't fit my table) but PCR-30 was just the right size in between them (32 keys). So I basically made the decision based on number of keys. But as what comes to functionality and ease of use, the PCR-30 hasn't let me down. I only made one mistake in the beginning, I had both adapter and USB power connected at the same time, so the controller didn't "know" which power to use so it didn't work, but then I unplugged the USB wire and since that it's been working sweet. :cool:

Last edited:
Celltrip said:

When I was buying a controller I had three options, the Radium 49, PCR-30 and Midiman Oxygen 8. I found that Oxygen didn't have enough keys (only 24), Radium had too much (49 keys) (it didn't fit my table) but PCR-30 was just the right size in between them (32 keys). So I basically made the decision based on number of keys. But as what comes to functionality and ease of use, the PCR-30 hasn't let me down. I only made one mistake in the beginning, I had both adapter and USB power connected at the same time, so the controller didn't "know" which power to use so it didn't work, but then I unplugged the USB wire and since that it's been working sweet. :cool:

OK cool. I've been thinking about it and will probably go for the Evolution 449KC. cheers

i had the same problem... i went into the store and the guy that worked there said he has tried all of them and he liked the feel of the evolution better over the radium... he said the knobs feel a lot better... so i got the evolution 361c (btw evolution is part of m-audio now)

MafiaStylez said:
i had the same problem... i went into the store and the guy that worked there said he has tried all of them and he liked the feel of the evolution better over the radium... he said the knobs feel a lot better... so i got the evolution 361c (btw evolution is part of m-audio now)

Got my 449C yesterday: Absoultley ace! :sing:

504musicman said:
M Audio Oxygen gets the best reviews in Music Magazines.

I cop the Radium 61 Key version.

Works for me.

^^^^^ yyyeeep

Back