Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need Monitors! Suggestion?

Thanks

Need Monitors! Suggestion?

Sign in to disable this ad
    i desperately need some monitors. im looking in the $ 600 range. ive got an empty room in the house i just copped and am making it my beat suite! i know i need some foam too..im visiting fam in NYC in january...

can i get a great deal there or should i order from sweetwater or zzounds like i usually do? i guess i shoiuld bring a cd into GC and listen to that to test them out right. im just wondering whats up with that price range...

thanks..

heres y myspace..

www.myspace.com/bringbacktheboombapmusic

Thanks
    man you want some good monitors! get them KRK V8 or RP 8 if you ballin. but the krk v8's are not too expensive. if you can make your track sound tight on them then youre good.

Thanks
    yeah ive heard good things about them. do i need a sub??

cuz ive been mixin this 1 beat to death and got it sounding great. then i was at work and i listened on those speakers and it was terrible!

Thanks
    you shouldnt need a sub with those. check out tha reviews on it at. zzsounds.com
    what kinda speakers u using now

Thanks

KRK's are good but check out those JBL's 4238's

Krk's are good. I was going to get those. I heard that they are light on the bass so a sub would be recommended. I did wind up purchasing those new JBL 4238's. Now these speakers are crazy. They come with a mic that you place in the sweet spot, for when you mix, you connect the mic to one of the speakers and the speakers sweep the frequencies. As a result the speakers are tuned to your room. I was blown away by this. Now my mixes are true and are consistant no matter what system I play the tracks on.
    The JBL's are not cheap 1,000.00 or more but I figure if i'm going to do this for a living I need the best. My clients are impressed and that to me is worth everything cause the clients are paying for it.

Thanks
    Grab a sub with the JBL's

Thanks
    yeah i checked out those KRK's. i think the RP6's would be best for my room size, but i havent measured it yet. its a spare room..like the size of your kids room. right now im using the pc speakers to mix and make beats. ive got this Dell 6 speaker setup with a big ass sub. its great for listening to music....but not making it. for example check out the tracks on myspace. they sounded good at home, but people been sayin the bass is ****ed up and its muffled. DAMN...mixing on pc speakers was a waste of time huh...

alot of great reviews for the KRK's i must say...on top of say 4-600 for monitors..how much will all the foam and bass trapping cost?? like i said i need to measure the room still.

Thanks
    I think you mean the V6's I don't think there is a RP6. The RP5's or 8's. The V series is the way to go though.

Thanks
    yeah there are rp-6's the neptunes uses them. they are about $199 a piece on zzsounds.com I might be going with those myself. I aint tryna by no subwoofer I need the all in one. now those Jbl's I heard about them they are good. but cost too much 4 me right now.

this is the specs on them. looks good enuff to me!

Woofer: 6 in. glass aramid composite woofer

Tweeter: 1 in. neodymium soft dome tweeter with ferro fluid

Input: XLR (3-pin), RCA & 1/4 in. TRS - 10k Ohm, balanced / unbalanced

Amplification (HF/LF): 18 watts/50 watts, 24 dB octave filters

Frequency response: 49Hz - 20kHz

Video shielding: yes
    Last edited by ROMIL; 12-07-2006 at 09:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    your right... but trust me if you can do it the v series is the way to go.

Thread Information