Need Monitors! Suggestion?

massive....yeah i read the site earlier this morning and i guess i was looking at the DM620's first version that is discontinued.

thats sounds like a deal....you just read so much about how "monitors" are custom-made for an "even" sound that will "translate into great mixes"..they make them seem like they are SO different from "regular" speakers such as this one..`

ohh I hear you. yeah I notice they use the near field speakers and then the big ones as well. I was just saying for a beat maker at home. me I take my file to the studio and yes they use those speakers to mix & master and alter any of my faults. Im not saying that anyone should master on the KRK but if youre in my situation then it'll get your sound close, but before submitting you should get it mixed professionally as well.

TXbeatbang said:
massive....yeah i read the site earlier this morning and i guess i was looking at the DM620's first version that is discontinued.

thats sounds like a deal....you just read so much about how "monitors" are custom-made for an "even" sound that will "translate into great mixes"..they make them seem like they are SO different from "regular" speakers such as this one..`
Marketing. Most cheap nearfields certainly *are* quite different from these. Limited range, narrow dispersion, short throw - I never noticed until now how "negative" those three words sound together - Limited, Narrow, Short --

Nearfield... It sounds so "claustrophobic" and closed-in.

Heh... Good description in many cases... :bigeyes:

I know exactly what you mean. I have some Celestion Ditton 15xr's & some nearfield Dynaudio BM6a's & when A-B testing them the nearfield's are definately claustrophobic in comparison. I reckon I'll check out the 602's & if I like them I'll sit them along side the celestions. Or get a bigger set of Celestions in their Ditton range. They're awesome speakers.

i want to thank everyone for the comments..

this is going to take alot of thought. i am so tired of mixing and tweaking levels..then when i listen to the music somewhere else it sounds like ****. ..

im excited to design this room....while i got people looking...is a macbook adequate for music...or is the macbook pro a must.??
how are the Mac desktops priced in comparison to the laptops??

theres a BIG difference between 1200 and 2500....$$$

i really want to make that jump to Mac...and tho i do have some money 2 grand and up is alot of my budget...

If its alot of your budget then I'd get it last. Its the one thing that will depreciate the quickest. Get things that will last decades first & when you finally do get the mac youll be able to get the best use out of it. The other way round & by the time you get the necessary equiptment to utilise the mac fully it will be somewhat outdated.

I've done some light work on a MacBook - The little, cheesy one (the one I'm typing on right now). I'd double the RAM, and work at 44.1kHz if you want to get anything done. I'm normally using it for live to two-track and some editing here and there. If I was using it as a tracking & mixing machine, I definitely want the most RAM I could throw in and a large hard drive.

massive..

i cant find any info on buying those B & W 's in the US. on the site they have links for buying them in UK and Europe....

$600 for them would be good but 300-400 for an amp puts them over my budget...

recommend any in the 400-600 price range?

TXbeatbang said:
massive..

i cant find any info on buying those B & W 's in the US. on the site they have links for buying them in UK and Europe....

$600 for them would be good but 300-400 for an amp puts them over my budget...

recommend any in the 400-600 price range?
A used set...?

i looked around on ebay...i just didnt really want to get something like that shipped from overseas. couldnt a damaged speaker easily pass off for one that works fine? i just like buying new..that way theres no guessing or settling for defects.

TXbeatbang said:
i looked around on ebay...i just didnt really want to get something like that shipped from overseas. couldnt a damaged speaker easily pass off for one that works fine? i just like buying new..that way theres no guessing or settling for defects.

Try e-mailing B&W and asking them if they have any U.S. dealers. There must be one in the whole of America. If theres not they're slacking big time lol.

Jiminy - They're all over the place. Also, try upscale home theatre and high-end audiophile shops. Used ones aren't very rare -

Back