Need help hooking up my equipment?

S

singula

Can some one give me a detailed description of how to hook up my equipment. I'm struggling with this. I'm more of a producer, but I'm not really technical. I have a Yamaha Motif es6, this is where I make my songs. I want to mix and master in Cubase SX. How do I hook these two up. I have an audiophile audiocard. My Mic is already hooked up to it and functions good in cubase. I also have 2 Mackie HR624 monitors. These are not hooked up yet. How do I get them working with my system. Let me know what kind of cables I need and where each end goes. If someone can help me I would appritiate it. I have alot of songs finished in the motif, I just need to get them mixed and mastered and put them on CD. Thanx in adavance,

Sing

audio out Motif L(eft) => audio in audiocard L
audio out Motif R(ight) => audio in audiocard R

MIDI out Motif => MIDI in audiocard
MIDI out audiocard => MIDI in Motif

audio out L audiocard => monitor L
audio out R audiocard => monitor R

I hope that will work.

I don't know if my audiophile audiocard has that many outs. So if all this works I'll be able to use cubase for my mixing?

tanx man

yeah u can do that or get an interface as well for flexibility if your soundcard hasn't got many midi in and outs ......

More than likely your audiophile card has MIDI I/O and audio L/R I/O - I don't know of any cards in that series that don't. That being the case, you shouldn't need anything more.

Back