need help finding a mixer

MRT1212

basicly i want a 8-12 channel mixer with at least 1 XLR input...

the most important part is that it has 8 stereo inputs and direct outputs for every channel...

so far i havent been able find one that satisfys all of these requirements

thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Hmmm good luck finding something like that. I don't know of many inline boards anymore, and most boards have more mono channels/mic inputs than stereo inputs. Usually only lower end compact boards have stereo channels, which means there probably won't be 8 of them.
I have a mackie 1202 that has 4 stereo channels, but no direct outs ( I send to the pc via aux send).
What do you need such a thing for?

well basicly i have all my keyboard/drum machine stuff set up. what i need the mixer for micing a bass cab, and some vocals and some live drums....

i would run all the "live" stuff through the mixer of course and then into my MOTU 2408 to record on cubase. thats where the direct outs come in right? then there is the situation of my keyboards and drum machine....i might as well route it throught the mixer if i have it, right? i suppose i dont need the stereo ins, i can just use 2 mono ones...

maybe im just daft, but again i thank you for your reply

Direct outputs for every channel? Unlikey to find that - sorta defeats the point of havig a 'mixer'!!

As for a 8-12 channel stereo - look for any modular style mixer. A&H MixWizard series or Ecler SCLAT series. These let you choose exactly how many stereo/mono inputs you want etc etc

the 1202 has 4 inserts,the 1402 has 6 but they bypass the eq,and the fader,and you'd want stereo i/o because you dont want to do all channel settings twice..the roland vm3100 studio pack has an 8 out soundcard built in,and is quite a good mixer for cheap right now.Seems you have the same problem as ido...you have the idea in your head...and no-one makes that kind of mixer.....bastards

direct outs on every channel is really only going to happen with inserts (and as pointed out they are pre-eq)...you are probably looking at needing a good patchbay system to allow you to repatch stuff though....maybe look at getting a mixer with 8 aux sends (4 stereo outs) and 8 buses (with individual outs...another 4 stereo outs)......for a possible total of 16 outs....the unforutnate part is i don't know of any mixers that are 16 channel with this many bussing options....

someone will scream and say "get a mackie instead" but i'm really really really REALLY happy with my behringer mx3282A and it will do everything stated above....you'll have to chew up 16 of the channels to get 8 stereo channels but depending on how you use the 4 provided stereo inputs (as aux returns or regular channels) you'd at least get 4 of them.... nicely at the end and only eat up 8 of the other channels.

[shrugs]

i am really happy with the behringer....though i will pass this advise on: avoid the mx9000 a i've heard of way too many people report problems with them to recommend it...i've not had one problem with mine though.

Yeah but do you really track all these instruments at once?
I use 2 aux sends to go to my inputs.
When I want to record an instrument, I just turn up the aux on that channel.
No need for direct outs.
Unless you're recording a live band, what's the point in all those direct outs?
Save your extra i/o for outboard fx boxes and creative signal processing.
Just my opinion.

Back