Need help choosing between a MV-8000/MPC4000 and Triton/Motif

dapperdan

I'm running into trouble deciding between a MV-8000 and a MPC4000. Also, I can't decide between a Triton 88-key or a Motif Es8. Obviously, this is going to be a pretty expensive investment. So I'm looking for more bang for the buck(sound quality, speaker blowing capability) and any compatibiliy issues that may arise from mixing these instrments. I've read a lot up on both in forums and on the official sites but I would really appreciate any feedback I can get from anyone that owns these, and any pointers before I decide to buy. Thanks for your time. Peace.

I'm pretty partial to the Motif. The sounds are a little more authentic than the Triton. The triton has some good sounds, but to me, they're a little geared towards wierd, techno type music.
But if you got skills, you create sounds with either synthesizer!

As far as the MV/MPC comparison, I don't have any advice on that!

Thanks for the info 40. GoGetta, did you have any issues hooking your motif up to the MV? Or is everything pretty much plug and play?

The truth is you could just buy one of these and be good just because they all come with a built in seq....I think the mv 8000 comes with a great package if i had to choose out of the mpc 4k and the mv8000. I would buy one of these first and sit on the keyboard just because there is alot of be study in order to take full avantage of it and when you buy two at the same time youll find yourself not getting the most out one because your focus is more on the both of them at the same time. I would say if this is gona be your first groove box or keyboard seq. i would just get one for now and just learn that cause before you know it ill be close to jan. again and thats when all the new stuff will come out and you just may see a brand keyboard from korg with out the name triton on it and youll have something new on tthe market instead of something used, reused and remix again. Yamaha just might drop the motif es rack and that will say you money because you wont have to pay for the seq. you may never use. All in al its about wanting it all now or getting it bit buy bit as you learn one. If i had to do it right now ill check out the motif es and Mv like GO Getta has. O yea GO Getta whats up kid holla.

Thanks for the help young. I am kind of leaning toward the MV. I am going to take your advice and pick up one of the keyboards first, but I'll probably end up choosing which ever one I can figure out first.

I would get the MV and sound module + a midi controller[or get the micron or ion and use it as yur controller] If u only could have 1 out of the MV and the ES hummm damn thats a hard decision I will let u decide on that. Young keys whud up son. MaAn there puttin samplers and sequencers in evrathing. The Micron has a sequencer The Fantom-X rack has a sequencer and a sampler lol sh!t is crazy. In the future it will become hard to avoid havin 2 samplers or 2 sequencers in yur setup. It didnt take me long to learn the ES or the MV at all just have to spend quality time wit it thats all LMAO.:cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back