need help

BoyDeans

what up? i got a "M-Audio audiophile USB 2496 soundcard" that came with a orange driver installation cd. Well, i lost the cd while i moved and now need to re-instal my soundcard. Do you know where i can get that driver installation off the internet? i tried M-Audio.com and i downloaded the driver but my computer (winxp)will not recognize the new hardware when i connect it with the USB cables after the installation. I've ran searches for "new hardware" but it still wont recognize the soundcard. i appreciate your time and any advice is needed at this moment.

have you got service pack 1 installed for xp, you may need it for the usb drivers for usb 2.0
and if havnt allready give m audio an email or contact there help line.

and one thing that has worked for me but i hate it, start again reload windows then your mobo drives vga drivers and so on, i have found sometimes it will fix any driver problems but its a pain in the ass doing the whole win loading over again.
i had a crazy problem with pro tools not long ago and how i fixed it was by reloading windows over again and getting the drivers loaded properly, i ended up having to reinstall windows xp 2 times before it went the right way and worked.
this is the one reason i hate computers and wish i had money for adats and go all hardware but give me one engineer that has not had troubles with adats. synch problems with smpte just old adats that just fail for no reason ( well there has to be a reason but it feels like the stuff up for no reason) but i must admit i have had more troubles with the pc than adats so far.

Hmm thats weird i have XP and the audiophile i had trouble at first but when i downloaded the XP drivers off the M audio site everything worked perfect. Maybe try downloading them again

Back