Need A Desk! Not too pricey!

G

GrooveMerchant

I have been looking at a few desks i wanted an omnirax but there too expensive.

things i want in a desk are

space for computer keyboard/88 note master keyboard/monitors/2 displays/lots of racks/ and room for other small items like a mackie control.

heres ones i was looking at i dont know if i can trust the brand i can get it for 399.99

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7...YjRb/befree_site_id=0009952098?bfinfo=site003

do you guys got any suggestions.? i would like it sturdy as possible so if u touch it it wont shake etc lol and very sexy of course.

my specs right now are

motu 828MkII + radium midi keyboard heh

That's a nice desk, I got one from that same company. I like the desk, sturdy and nice layout. Only thing is, like with almost any furniture that's not real wood, the laminate can peel off on the edges. That desk is nice, I like the two 20 racks and the keyboard tray, which mine doesn't have.

I don't know how your woodworking skills are, but what i'm about to suggest is fairly simple, and inexpensive. Go to a Salvation Army or some type of charity place look at the desk they have, they usually have some pretty heavy dut stuff in there. Try to find several desk with matching wood, take them home take them apart, and build it to your needs. That's what I did, I didn't have to cut that much either, it was more like putting a puzzle together.

l_tricks said:
I don't know how your woodworking skills are, but what i'm about to suggest is fairly simple, and inexpensive. Go to a Salvation Army or some type of charity place look at the desk they have, they usually have some pretty heavy dut stuff in there. Try to find several desk with matching wood, take them home take them apart, and build it to your needs. That's what I did, I didn't have to cut that much either, it was more like putting a puzzle together.

How about a picture.

Or you can get a rectangular table, 48"x32" and about 28" high, and get a double tier keyboard stand and place it to the right or left of the table. Then just arrange everything else on the table to satisfy your dexterity.

Don't know where you are, however I got 2 large desks from IKEA for $19.99 each. They then make addons which can fit on the top, but the 2 basic tables side by side are excellent.

PaulyV

Back