Thread: In need of the basics with acoustic foam.

Thanks

In need of the basics with acoustic foam.

Sign in to disable this ad
    I'm gonna be buying acoustic foam soon for my recording booth and was wondering what should I be looking out for. How thick it should be and etc. Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JayProd View Post
    I'm gonna be buying acoustic foam soon for my recording booth and was wondering what should I be looking out for. How thick it should be and etc. Thanks in advance.
    We would need a lot more information, plans photographs, dimensions. That said most acoustic companies offer free advice so make sure you use the service form the company you are planning to buy the foam from

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JayProd View Post
    Amazon sells a 24-pack of Auralex-brand foam at a good price in this bundle:

Auralex Studiofoam Wedgies, 24-count on Amazon

As far as value (performance/$) is concerned, that's the best deal I've seen to date.

Quote Originally Posted by sheggs View Post
    We would need a lot more information, plans photographs, dimensions. That said most acoustic companies offer free advice so make sure you use the service form the company you are planning to buy the foam from
    This guy knows his stuff - be sure to talk with him about it.

-Ki
    Salem Beats (+Reviews)
    Last edited by Salem Beats; 09-16-2014 at 05:10 AM.

Thanks
    Typically, the better bet is full on acoustic panels as they work to a much lower frequency (so you get broad control, instead of control of only the high frequencies). But if you go with foam do try to go as thick as you can (literally) so you're getting at least some low-mids absorbed. Otherwise you'll end up with an end product that is really unbalanced, where the lows are boomy and uncontrolled but the highs are dead, which isn't necessarily a good place to be at.
    Alexander Reynolds
    GIK Acoustics USA (770) 986 2789 | GIK Acoustics Europe +44 (0) 20 7558 8976 (UK)

Thanks
    I got my foam cheap as on eBay in tiles 30cmx30cmx50mm width, works a treat out in my shed and only cost around 200 for a 10m square vocal booth. YouTube videos helped a lot too. jut watching different places people put them

Thread Information