In need of the basics with acoustic foam.

JayProd

I'm gonna be buying acoustic foam soon for my recording booth and was wondering what should I be looking out for. How thick it should be and etc. Thanks in advance.

I'm gonna be buying acoustic foam soon for my recording booth and was wondering what should I be looking out for. How thick it should be and etc. Thanks in advance.

We would need a lot more information, plans photographs, dimensions. That said most acoustic companies offer free advice so make sure you use the service form the company you are planning to buy the foam from

Amazon sells a 24-pack of Auralex-brand foam at a good price in this bundle:

Auralex Studiofoam Wedgies, 24-count on Amazon

As far as value (performance/$) is concerned, that's the best deal I've seen to date.

We would need a lot more information, plans photographs, dimensions. That said most acoustic companies offer free advice so make sure you use the service form the company you are planning to buy the foam from

This guy knows his stuff - be sure to talk with him about it.

-Ki
Salem Beats (+Reviews)
gpWmqu

Last edited:
Typically, the better bet is full on acoustic panels as they work to a much lower frequency (so you get broad control, instead of control of only the high frequencies). But if you go with foam do try to go as thick as you can (literally) so you're getting at least some low-mids absorbed. Otherwise you'll end up with an end product that is really unbalanced, where the lows are boomy and uncontrolled but the highs are dead, which isn't necessarily a good place to be at.

I got my foam cheap as on eBay in tiles 30cmx30cmx50mm width, works a treat out in my shed and only cost around 200 for a 10m square vocal booth. YouTube videos helped a lot too. jut watching different places people put them

Back