Thread: need advise today!!for a soundcard...

Thanks

need advise today!!for a soundcard...

Sign in to disable this ad
    looking for a good soundcard for a g4 powerbook 1.25 ,osx 10.3.2, 512ram 80gig. i have cubase sx already and a echo layla that i used on my dell pc xp laptop with no flaws what so ever. switched to mac, for a new computer, and to learn the operating system and record some music. on my layla i dont need all the ins, but i want a soundcard that with have great quality with xlr,s on the front.the m box ive read is great but with pro tools limited midi. and usb issues, i would like a bigger throughput for audio.im mainly recording live instruments but i want some quality preamps without buying a full hd system, it can be done. ive read about the m audio 410 firewire and really havent heard how good recording sound quality is.i know that using either the m box protools le at 24/96 or a 410 firewire at 24/96, or motu 828 24/96, its all going to be about your recording and miking techniques, not really the software program you have , but you mic preamps will help , so if anyone can give me some feedback on a good sounding soundcard with firewire or not. and also ive noticed that my recording arent as hot as i would like them, ultramaximizng them makes em hotter but you suffer a lil distortion. any suggestions for either would help, im going to buy something today at gc..

Thanks
    Someone on this thread (i forget who) said Stienburg-cubase, is releasing something similar to the Mbox.

If thats the case you really don't have to worry about midi, and you ge a decent box?

Don't be to complusive with this stuff or you'll eat your bank account fast!

See ya,

Will
    "we are the music-makers and we are the dreamers of dreams" -- O'Shaughnessy

Thanks
    What a stupid question...you would want to get a Japhopy 8900. It's a new state of the art sound card. Snoop Dog just got one for his home studio.
    IT'S ALL GOOD IN THE HOOD!!!

Thanks
    A cheap and flexible option would be an ADAT card and the behringer ADAT bridge, cheap and easily upgraded with 8 XLR's on the front of the rack.

Thanks
    I like the Firewire 410. If you aren't micing drums, it will work fine. A cheap preamp solution is the Roland MMP-2. I love that unit.
    ...and so on...

Thread Information