neat small budget mixer for home studio

mano 1

Founder
Staff member
it is small, it is cheap, it IS balanced (yay)... I just bought a BEHRINGER MX602A for $69 (unbelievably inexpensive), and I am very surprised by the quality of this thing!

pic:
MX602A_medium.jpg

It is very small, yes, but I dont need more than 2 channels, mainly to control the master volume of my monitoring (event 20/20bas).

The 602A is PERFECT for this use. I wanted to plug it in the forums in case some of you guys are looking for a mixer that has most of what the big mixers have but dont need all the inputs.

I was using a ROLLS MX28 before, which was fine, but UNBALANCED... I got tired of all the HUMs and other POP sounds when turning the speakers off.... Problems of the past!

:) me like balanced cables

i've always loved behringers. [lick] bought the mx3282a eurodesk not to long ago (submitted a review on it the other day actually) and yeah they just rock. like most manufactures they've got some good gear (the mx series) and some bad gear (the mx8000 and mx9000 from what i've heard andread). overall i've always been very impressed with their gear. their patch bays are wonderful!

woah corleone, thats a nice digital mixer for 299 definitly. I wonder if it has automation

vm 3100

It doesn't have automation but you can recall 4 scenes

I have that MX602a Mini-Mixer, It has nice clean sound with phantom power to connect condenser mics but the only thing missing on it is a on/off button(gotta disconnect the cord from the back of the console to shut it on/off) but otherwise it's perfect, it fits nicely next to my PC and i'll recommend it to anyone who's on a tight budget but wants quality mixing.

Yup i've got the 602A as well. It's a cute mixer but i will need to buy a bigger one soon. And I leave it plugged all the time, i just turn down the main volume. Don't worry, it doesnt heat up.

I have the 602a as well, and for $70 I would grab that instantly.

however, for $119, behringer has this mixer that's way better. I would have bought it except it came out a few months after I got the 602a

I agree the on/off switch is a bummer. And the aux send is only mono(I believe). Other than that, the mixer is steller

How uncanny u should mention that. My friend just bought a mixer yesterday and showed me and it was the 1002! Can't wait to try it out! Gona get a Studio Projects C1 mic and see what it sounds like on the preamps b4 i shell out money on a standalone. The only thing that loox worrying are the faders ie squeezed between those pots!

i have got this fostex vm-88 for my project studio,its digital with fx(ok,ok...they actually suck).It works just fine to lay down ideas and plan tunes at home.Any1 else has been using it?

Back