My work studio... paid to produce :-D

oALTAIRAo

So I work on campus, and my job is to setup the computers and projectors all over the building. The good thing about this job is that I have about an hour and a half downtime everytime between the times I have to do setups...

So I decided to bring in my laptop, buy a 2.1 system, get another mouse and headphones like the ones I have @ home, and produce on the job... I'm even going to bring my Tascam US-122 USB Mic Pre-amp w/ my mic here so I can finish the songs ppl have been yellin at me about for the last month since classes started again...

Here's my "setup" :-D

IM000087.JPG

IM000088.JPG

IM000089.JPG

IM000090.JPG

IM000091.JPG

IM000092.JPG

IM000093.JPG

Neat setup, and good use of your spare time! You might wanna think about getting the Echo Indigo 24/94 PCMCIA sound card, which gives you superior headphone outs, which might come in handy for monitoring in your environment (and you can leave the speakers @ home).

Indigo

that's what's up! i do the same thing with my mpc1000. sundays are always really dead where i work. and i have to work every sunday. so before i leave home i'll go through some records, find a couple samples i think i can work with and save 'em to the memory card. then i come in to work (like right now) surf the net a little then pull out the mp and bang out some beats. ALL WHILE I'M GETTING PAID!!

Well it's Monday, and I'm back at work. This time I brought my USB pre-amp and my condenser mic, I'm gonna leave everything here Monday - Thursday because I get home too late to record anyways. I'm buying a pop-filter tomorrow so I can lay down the final vocals for this song I'm doing. Now that I record at work I can have this solo project done in no time :-D

-Donovan

Oh yea and about that pcmcia card, I just use my built-in audio to play to my 2.1 system because I like having headphones and speakers, not to mention I'm going to leave my speakers here permanently so it's not really a burden at all. Thanks for the heads up though, I didn't even know they had such poweful cards in PCMCIA format.

Once I get my us-122 to stop skipping all the time this "studio" will be bulletproof and professional sounding, I just recorded and it sounds perfect without any echo or reverb, probably due to all the equipment in here without any flat walls exposed? :)

-Donovan

yeah, you have a cool setup! However, to judge how "professional" your tracks sound in the end, you need studio monitors. I doubt that you can hear this now.

I think its way cool that you can produce tracks while you're on the job -- awesome!

Back