This is My ROOM....

M

MG The Genius

dont mind the mess, i just moved down there a couple weeks ago.. everything still isnt set up right.. but i wanted some tips on how to sound proof the small room.. i know that pillow in the corner isnt doing ANYTHING. lol. the smaller room is pretty big.. and it kind of echos if you talk loud.. so yea.. i just need some tips on some ways too sound proof it, no essays on how i need to build a whole new room from scratch or somethin. thanks.

DSCN4185.jpg

DSCN4187.jpg

DSCN4188.jpg

DSCN4189.jpg

chilla2 said:
room????i thout it was a kitchen nah thats kool holmes what u runnin on that mac?

lol, i had just got done eatin... I'm usin Reason, Recycle, Logic, Protools LE.. Mac osx 10.39.. i need to update and max out my ram ASAP.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH.
WOW i want reason or atleast one of the softwares u got

Man, you got a lot of space to work with. Your best bet is to arrange all your equipment the way you want it. And then get some foam for the walls, nothing major. Some foam that goes on top of a mattress will work for now. It looks from the picture like you have 2 different rooms, you may want to isolate the microphone, and actually make a booth out of one of the rooms.

Get real bass traps, or make them, but please, oh God, don't use that mattress foam. It doesn't do the job.

i appreciate the feedback.. i think im going to just buy some bass traps this friday.. is there any certain way i should place them?

yo u need some scarface posters on the wall

........just edited: wait christmas is coming up, post your address and i will have some sent over via UPS man, marry christmas and a happy honneka

Last edited:
hey man just curious,but do u really like the turntables bein that far away or is that an illusion?

nvr mind ,lol didnt look close enuff.

Last edited:
Can't sound proof without pulling the walls apart and doing some major reconstruction... will skip the essay :)

Bass traps work best in the corners. Gonna be tough in that little space. Going to make it a whole lot smaller.
You could put them in the corners between wall and roof, but it's not as good
There's a lot of threads bass trap placment and other acoustic treatment
some info here http://www.realtraps.com/placing_mt.htm

Last edited:
Back