my mixer turns off

H

har

hi everyone, i didnt find this on the search. so ill ask you guys.

i bought a behringer 1604a (used)
its been fine. but now that i have added more connections to it. it started to turn of on me even more.
it did this before, but before it created a humming sound that gradually got louder. now it turns off.
what could this be, and what can i do to fix it.???? help please . i hope i dont have to buy a new mixer now , (things arent that great financially)

Ease off on the connections and see if it still does that.

It sounds like it could be overheating, but I couldn't say for sure.

okay. ill try that.
does that happen alot with mixers???
im curious

No, it hardly ever happens, and shouldn't happen unless either the mixer is defective or you are doing something silly like blocking the air vents. Look to see where the vents are, and that they are not blocked by being to close to a wall or by sitting on thick carpet or something.

Otherwise, your mixer is defective/broken.

If you have a lot of equipment plugged into the same thing, try a dedicated connection for the mixer since it can be a power issue also.

Are you using the right AC adaptor for that mixer?? That might be the problem.

yes i am using the right ac adapter.
i just noticed that the cable on the power cord has a cut on it being hidden with electrical tape. it looks like it cut down to to the copper on one of the inner wires. might this be the problem.
the air vents are good . thanks for the advice.
so what do you guys think about the cut.
it think ive been had. bad deal.

I hope you didn't pay too much for it in the first place.

I'd unplug the mixer entirely and examine the cable. Take the tape off and look at it. Make sure that no cables are exposed and making contact with each other. This can be hazardous.

no it looks like theres only one exposed, but it looks like its almost completly cut off. should i try to put it together/?.

Back