music making

B

breaker99

i've not long since got this pc and i'm wondering what would be a good music package to start off with for making my own tunes.i'm looking to make nu-skool big bass stuff

you can start off with Acid.....loop based music production......plus it's good if you can make your own loops or find your own....you can use it in Acid.....

no i wouldnt tell this guy to get ACID... you DONT CREATE MUSIC WITH ACID YOU ARRANGE ALREADY CREATED AUDIO SAMPLES

VOILA!

PLEASE the guy is going to open ACID and what? he'll play with samples somebody else generated/wrote?

I think I posted this 100 times now...

Seriously.. Acid is a GREAT tool to tweak and arrange loops and sounds you make OUTSIDE OF ACID. Don't get me wrong.. I just think it doesn't fit within this conversation.

If you want to create music, NOTE BY NOTE MUSIC I MEAN, then get yourself REASON, it is a very nice package.

Later, you can get Cubase 5.0 with a few VST instruments (BATTERY for the drums, PRO-52 for the analog sounds, a sampler...) and you'll have a larger amount of audio options.

my 2 cents

True!True! it depends on weather he wants to write tracks from scratch or just get the feel of constructing music using samples. Some people without musical ability to play a instrument start off in constructing samples and then go on to using keys e.c.t

I havent looked at reason yet! is it a self contained program or can it work within other sequencing packages?:)

I agree, Acid is a tool to re-agange and play with samples and tracks. A sequencer and a synth would be a better start.

Taos

Back