mpd16 and protools vs mpc2000

dfacedxa

has anyone used a digi002 with a akai mpd16 ? i wanted to know if you had any latency problems. if you have can you tell me your computer specs? i run a 2800+ with 512 dedicated to protools. if theres any type of latency im gonna just buy a mpc2000 and do all the work on the mp and run it out. i like how it processes sounds anyway. if anybody uses the mpd16 and has no latency tell me because id go with the mpd16 to save 300$

wut program are you going to integrate with pro tools to use the mpd16? I know the digi 002 came packaged with a pro tools version of reason that you can use with the pads. in dat case you wont need the mpc since reason already comes with samplers and you can sequence with pro tools, although it does not compare to the mpc sequencing.

you need to trigger some kind of sampler application then - pro tools itself is mostly an audio multitrack recorded with partial MIDI sequencing features right?

The MPD is a controller - you will not get latency from the controller itself, latency generally comes from the audio interface itself.

In your case (Digi002) you should have no latency.

Though as I said above, you need some kind of sampler application (Kontakt, Gigasampler, etc) in order to trigger samples.

Take care

Back