MPC2KXL and JP8000

A

Amsterdam

greets!

i'm trying to setup my home studio and looking for some direction on how to setup my JP8000 synth
to work with my Akai MPC2KXL via MIDI?

I'm sure someone out there has done this, let me know! thanks!

Hello!

Okay first, tell me if you want to compose your music on a software sequencer (ie a computer) or if you would like the MPC to be your sequencer/composer?

For each solution is a different way to set your home studio up

take care

MPC2kXL

I'm using the akai mpc2kxl as my sequencer and drum machine/sampler. I want to interface my JP8000 in the mix.

Thanks!

ok this is very possible, even Bjork is using an MPC as the sequencer on stage, connected to all the midi devices. perfect and stable ;)

You will need 2 midi cables: JP OUT > MPC IN and MPC OUT > JP IN

Then you will need ot use the MPC sequencer.. I dont know how it works, so I will just guess: create a new track, make this track control an external midi device, and set it's MIDI channel to 1. You should be able ot select the instrument from the MPC (bank number, patch number) and if you hit the keys/pads on the MPC you should be able to hear the sound of the JP.

Maybe someone who has an MPC could post some more information here.. would be great :)

cool, i think that helps me a lot, i just got it setup
when i create a program i can assign certain sounds
to a note/keypad on the synth.. thanks man!

you rock, and this website is the most useful thing i've found yet in my quest to learn production.

thanks ....

mpc - jp8000

hi there

in one of our microsite studios we have exactly what you've got

mpc2000 and jp8000 - both beautiful bits of kit

the jp is midi out to midi in (a) on the mpc and the midi in on the jp to the midi out on the mpc (1). basically this allows you to write into the mpc when sequencing, any notes for playback of the jp.

if you run a mac in the setup you can then use cubase to sequence on, taking the sequencing aay from the mpc and onto the mac. the jp can then become the master controller playing bcl both itsself and the mpc. whatever way you wanna work. any questions drop us a line.

cheers fil;)

Back