Mpc 2500/roland Juno-g Setup

Tony_Tone

hello all. I am a beginer to hardware beat making, trying to get started. I got tired of fooling with everyone else around me & decided to take matters in my own hands & make an investment. I just copped a mpc 2500 & a roland Juno-G (workstation), from ebay yesterday. they haven't arrived yet..

I was wondering if somebody could tell me the proper things I need for my setup?

I have a rather good, but regular hp pavilion media center computer. it has a lot of memory, ram & a 350 gig external drive. a cd/dvd burner, like 5 multi storage card slots.. about 5 usb slots.. a fire wire slot 2 digital audio inputs (whatever those are) and regular speaker/mic/line etc. connections...

I have cool edit pro 2.0 (i usually do most of my recording in it) I guess i'm intermediate with that.

I have no mixer, interface or monitors yet either, so I don't know if I need those things. (because the mpc as well as the juno j have a lot of ram & are coming with storage cards.

I will eventually get a condenser mic.

I was trying not to get ripped off cuz I got them on ebay, but all togeher I paid $2,600.00.

Tell me if I made out ok...

The mpc cost me $1800 including shipping. They say its only 3 months old (no warranty) but its in flawless condition in original box. the previous owner filled it up with his sounds & he added the maximum ram & a 60 GB internal laptop hard drive.

The workstation is a roland juno-G keyboard. They hit me for $800. Its still in warranty, mint, with all original paperwork and box. It was bought from gutar center around february 07' & the warrenty card was never filled out. They added 256mb ram and a 1 GB flash card.

It has the same tone generator as the fantom. Along with the 16 track sequencer it has 4 stereo audio tracks you can record audio to.

You can also make your own patches and place your own samples on each key and then save it. (whatever that means)

they say, You wouldnt be able to do that right out of the box becuaase you need to have the flash card and the pcmcia adapter for the flash card.

Plus it doesnt come with any memory out of the box when you buy it new.

Is this a good settup?

what other things do you recommend for my setup?

do I need a interface? if so, what kind/which one?

do I need another program other than cool edit? can I even use cool edit to track down my beat?

do I need monitors?

please help me. i'm so lost. my equipment comes on friday!

Last edited:
Back