MPC 1000 and the Motif ES 6?

G

GoGetta

I have the MPC 1000 and the Motif ES 6 that's a deadly combo but I'm havin a midi problem! I want to use the MPC 1000 as the master and the ES for the sounds but when I hook up my monitor speakers to the 1k all I hear is the 1k but then when I hook up the monitor speakers to the ES all I hear is the ES ya feel me! Everything is midi together when I hook up the monitor speakers to the ES I can play from the ES and play back on the 1k and control from the 1k but when I try to record something on the 1k I don't hear the clicking sound before I record nor do I hear the drums I'm tryin to bang out! I want to be able to press rec + play on the 1k and play a melody with the ES and hear everything at the same time. Then go back to the 1k and bang out some nice drums and be able to hear the melody I just played on the ES when I recordin on the 1k ya feel me! For example peep the video http://www.samplekings.com/MPC1000_Preview.ram If anybody can help me out with my problem I would grealy appreciate it Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
hook 'em up to a mixer. that should solve all your problems.

1/4 to rca's...Which wire's

Which wires do I need for the ES, the 1k and the Stanton Turntable to hook up to the mixer? Holla back ASAP just in case I have to go back to the GC to get more wire's Thanks!

MIDI cables just transfer data between the two not audio signals.

Man's right, you need a mixer cause it sounds like you only got one set of monitor leads. If you only hook into one, you'll only hear one. Or you could hook one to one.

One monitor up to the 1000 and the other monitor up to the motif. At least you'll get mono signals so you can hear both together at the same time.

Peace.

I have everything workin the ES and the 1k midi'ed up and the whole nine everything is tight! I can hear both the ES and the 1k together so I'm straight! That's a HOT combo ya feel me! But I have one more ? Well I need to ground my table even though I will run the table thur my mixer or can I just connect the table to the mixer and sample? Holla at cha boy and let me know what's real Thanks for your help OnE!

Back