MOTU 828 MKII & Logic 6 Plantinum, is it possible

Jey

Hey wassup guys, i hope you can help me. When I bought the Motu 828 MkII & Logic 6 Platinum I thought it would be a great idea to use a well rated software with a nice preamp mixer, but apparently i'm ecnountering some problems. Since I got the Motu I am only able to record vocals through it, but when it comes to usings (recroding synths/Triton) analogue connections, it seem impossible. I cant seem to get the analogue inputs in logic.

Before every session I alwayz turn on the motu, then turn on the Mac G4, and luanch logic

When logic laucnhes, I search for the motu analouge input in the audio inputs section, but it doesn't list it there. Is there something I'm doing wrong because i thought once the logic audiodriver was set to the Motu 828 MKll, it automatically become you default soundcard.

Please free to help, I've been suffering with this problem for the last 6 months, thanks a lot yall.

Last edited:
6 months? ouch. I think Fumbling on Ecstacy has the 828 with Logic so could probably help you.

In Logic6, go to menu option Audio-select Audio Hardware and Drivers, tick the ASIO box and make sure Motu Firewire Driver is selected, tick Software Monitoring and Universal Trackmode, untick everything else.

On the Mac, go to the apple icon on the top left of your screen and select Control Panel, submenu-Audio and make sure that the Motu is selected on analgues1/2 ins and outs or whatever you have configured as ins and outs.

Back