Monitors & Condenser Mic.

J

Jabbe

I think my studio is fine except two things: I need better monitoring and a quality mic for recording vocals & acoustic instruments. My budget is around 600-800 euros, and I'd like to get active monitors and a large-diaphgram condenser mic. These are what I've been looking for:

Monitors: (300-600€)
- Behringer Truth
- Alesis Monitor One mk2
- Tannoy Reveal Active
- Esi nEar05

Mics: (200-300€)
- Röde NT-1A
- Röde NT-1000
- AKG C3000
- AudioTechnica AT3035

Currently my favourites seem Alesis M1's and NT-1000, the latter seems really cheap right now (259€).. How much difference is there between NT-1 and NT-1000?

I've read many of the other threads, but I'd still like to ask you about opinions. Or are there other options?

THM said:
Another option: why not the NT-2 ?

maybe because it's over budget.
Cheapest NT2 I ever seen works out at €370 euros, which is converted from the 260 quid (including tax) I saw them for in the UK.

by the way Jabbe, are you talking about getting a C3000 or a C3000B? there's a hell of a difference...

:)

MM

Yeah, the NT-2 is a bit too much both in cost and quality. I believe I can get good enough results with a cheper mic, since I've heard some really nice stuff made with NT-1 and NT-1000.

And yes, I mean the newer C3000B. Sorry about the confusion. But what do you really think about these mics?

i always forget the price conversion formula but for 199 in US dlooars you can get the Studio Projects C1 Condenser which is a very nice mic for the price. I own this mic and can verify its worth every penny and more. But i will say the other mics you mentioned, like the NT1, good mics and any of these will work in you situation.

I think I'll go for the Monitor Ones for monitoring. The Studio Projects mic could be nice but it's hard to get those to Finland where I live. I think I'll go for either the NT-1000 or the AT3035, both are about 250-300€ here. Which one do ya suggest?

Hey, how about Yorkville YSM1p monitors? They're cheaper than the Alesis, and the shop I went to recommended them. Are they any good?

I also ordered both the NT-1000 and AT3035 for test use...

Back