monitors

djcorea

I want to buy monitors for home studio use, and I don't want to spend a lot of money. So, I want to know a little about good/bad sides of passive/active monitors, and differences between them.

I was thinking about the Alesis Monitor One mk1, but they're passive...

well if you dont want to spend too much money and still get some decent monitors, get yourself an ALESIS amplifier (I used to have an RA-100 it was fine) and a pair of MONITOR ONE.

I used to have a similar setup and it was great for the money invested. Now I use a pair of EVENT 20/20bas and yeah its much better, but its more expensive too.

Good luck, take care!

Tnx Mano, I'm closer and closer to a similar setup. I'm almost 99% sure about Monitor One mk2's, and I'm gonna see the amplifier now...

My friend has Alesis M1 Active and they sound pretty good. Of course, it's not over the top, but for home use I think it's more that enough. Paired with good monitor headphones, there should be no problems.

yeap. for headphone monitoring I have the SONY MDR-7506. Those are cheap (prob. around 100 dollars) and although I haven't tried many models, several friends recommended them to me (people in the industry) so I got those. I use them since 2 years and never had any problem.

Isnt music equipment amazing? I love equipment :)

i got a ra-100 amp and a pair of mk2 monitor ones and i think they are very nice for $450. i have a small room so they are more than enough.

$450??? i have alesis monitor one mk2 and they were $225. they are some of the best sounding monitors for the $$$$. i use akg270's monitoring they sound hot, but to me the 240's sound better, maybe i'm use to them

I guess LIL j you're talking single price not pair price?
Coz I'd like to know where you can find a pair of M1 mk2's for $225 (unless 2nd hand?)

Btw. I love 240's too :)

Toni L.
www.mp3.com/NativeAlien

Last edited by a moderator:
Funktastico said:
I guess LIL j you're talking single price not pair price?
Coz I'd like to know where you can find a pair of M1 mk2's for $225 (unless 2nd hand?)

Btw. I love 240's too :)

Toni L.
www.mp3.com/NativeAlien

i think we're talking about two different speakers. if you paid over $300 you must have the active m1 mk2's. i have the passive m1 mk2's which are around $225-$250 brand new for the pair. i got mine at mars.

http://marsmusic.com/store/product_new.jhtml?catid=41&prodid=12561&skuid=0

Last edited by a moderator:
Back