Monitor stopped working...

B

bree5

Hi all,

I have a pair of NS-10s I use that have been great up till now. I just got a new computer for my studio, and when I was removing the old one I had to move one of the NS10s. I didn't drop it, or anything, everything went perfectly. All of the cables are connected just as they were before, etc. But the one that I moved has stopped working.

I have no idea what this could be from. I took out the fuse in the back and it seems just fine. Does anyone have any ideas what this could be??

Thanks!

Is a monitor thats uses those screws that u turn to lock it in?
Maybe thats your problem. Not my best advice but when my montior goes out i smack the left side of it and it comes back on. If this doesnt work try taking back to where u purchased if from and remember ur reicept:)

Oh god... Receipt? :monkey:

Anyway - Rip 'er open and see what's up. NS10's blow their drivers more often than - Okay, I won't go there...

But it's pretty rare that *both* drivers fail for no reason. Try *swapping* the fuse, of course check the connection to the *other* speaker and see if that works, check the amp, etc.

Make sure you wires are not touching at both the speaker and amp. Also check the fuses on your amp. If using a mixer..check to make sure you didn't mute anything.

Back