Mixer=dead?

N

necromantic

I have a Behringer Eurorack UB1622FX-PRO mixer that I wanted to start using but the problem is that I believe it might be dead. I just bought it a fuse but everytime I turn it on nothing happens, when I turn on the Phantom switch the only light that goes on is the one next to +48 V. Does anyone know whats wrong with it?

necromantic said:
when I turn on the Phantom switch the only light that goes on is the one next to +48 V. Does anyone know whats wrong with it?

That's what's supposed to happen.:confused:

yeah i have, but i get no sound through it and the effects screen doesnt light up like it used to. It's hooked up to a fostex 8 track recorder.

Sounds like one of the power busses (probably the +5 or whatever that is derived from), time to get a new mixer.

quick question...ive got a few small scale mixers and like to work on projects off and on through out the day but dont want to turn the mixers off (behringer 1002s, you just plug it in to turn it on and unplug to turn off). In reguards to the subject matter of mixers not working [eventually]...does the fact that its getting really hot for long periods of time slowly make the mixer go bad? does the heat effect audio signals (the vents are on the bottom)? Should i get a desktop mni fan or something? Am i just to paranoiD?

Heat build up can damage the components, I'd turn off the mixer when you are not using it.

I leave my Behringer mixer on ALL the time. It seems to love being on. It does not get too hot. Hey if it blows its cheap to replace compared to a mackie.

Back