midi keyboard/ mpc

B

baine

what is the real purpose for midi & how do you realy use it? I hooked up my yamaha keyboard to the mpc thru midi cables.the mpc basically took over the yamaha and started doin all kind of sh**. I know mpc souns are converted over to keyboard by midi connection.but can the keyboard give the mpc sounds that it can keep?

what is the true nature and potential of what we can do with the midi capability?help me out yal.

Well the definition of MIDI is Musical Instrument Digital Interface. (MIDI is a standardized protocol for communication between electronic music devices as well as between those devices and computers. For example, SOUND MODULES and computers can use MIDI to communicate.)<----------------(that's a googled definition).

I'm not sure about with the MPC but I know I use a MIDI keyboard with Reason 3.0 and what a MIDI keyboard allows me to do is control all of my instruments within the computer program.I don't use the program to control the keyboard but the keyboard to control the program.Generally most of the sounds on the cheaper keyboards are ****ty anywayz so producers only use the cheaper keyboards as MIDI CONTROLLERS (with the actual keyboard volume all the way down).Make sure your MIDI cables are plugged into the out on your keyboard and the in on your MPC.then I would suggest reading the manual. If you dont' have it at home i'm sure AKAI has one on their site.

it had me confused for a min too about the MIDII but its realy easy , i would assume your using the MPC 2000Xl
well here's the thing with MIDI . it all depens on what you want to use for your mater and what you want to slave.
i use my MPC as the center of my studio it controls everything my boards and my other mpc's
with the 2000XL you havce to hook up the midi cable to the out and to the in on the board by doing this the mpc will control the board. now when it comes time to sequence here's how that works. from the main screen at the bottm where it says drum you have to change that to midi then you select weather you want to control A or B those are you 32 external midi tracks a has 16 and b has 16 . you havce to do this for each track you record and if you want to change the program(sounds ) on the baord right across from where it says track on the main screen it says pgm you can change the sounds on the board by changing the value of that from off to what ever you want . now keep in mind that you have to do this for every track . before you continu though . if you do not have midi selected there on the botteom of the main screen and you have drum and next to it you have device 1etc when you hit the pads on the mpc you will heear your sounds on the mpc and the sound fromt he board layred so to avoid that you have to make sure that midi is selected and that i's on single or multi depending on what your diong the S and the M beofre the midi. now if your doing a sequence you can play on the board and the mpc will record what you play this is called triggering i use it alot when im doing my calypso give like a one man band type thing going . i hope that info help you out. if you sill have probs just sample your sounds off the board into the mpc if you have the old 2000 then yeah midi is what you want to use but if you have the XL just sample it's easier!

it had me confused for a min too about the MIDII but its realy easy , i would assume your using the MPC 2000Xl
well here's the thing with MIDI . it all depens on what you want to use for your mater and what you want to slave.
i use my MPC as the center of my studio it controls everything my boards and my other mpc's
with the 2000XL you havce to hook up the midi cable to the out and to the in on the board by doing this the mpc will control the board. now when it comes time to sequence here's how that works. from the main screen at the bottm where it says drum you have to change that to midi then you select weather you want to control A or B those are you 32 external midi tracks a has 16 and b has 16 . you have to do this for each track you record and if you want to change the program(sounds ) on the baord right across from where it says track on the main screen it says pgm you can change the sounds on the board by changing the value of that from off to what ever you want . now keep in mind that you have to do this for every track . before you continu though . if you do not have midi selected there on the botteom of the main screen and you have drum and next to it you have device 1etc when you hit the pads on the mpc you will heear your sounds on the mpc and the sound fromt he board layred so to avoid that you have to make sure that midi is selected and that i's on single or multi depending on what your diong the S and the M beofre the midi. now if your doing a sequence you can play on the board and the mpc will record what you play this is called triggering i use it alot when im doing my calypso give like a one man band type thing going . i hope that info help you out. if you sill have probs just sample your sounds off the board into the mpc if you have the old 2000 then yeah midi is what you want to use but if you have the XL just sample it's easier!

Back