which mic/ compressor?

those two are bothe very good for their price, although for vocals if you can stratch to it, I'd go for the NT2. If not - the NT1a is a fine mic.

MM

I would say it depends on the types of situations you need a mic for. (ie, vocals only, vocals and drums, ect.). There are many factors to consider before you choose a mic. I would suggest you go down to your local retail outlet and demo a few mics before you go out and make a purchase. As far as compressors go I would go with a solid MIC-PRE before buying a compressor. Just my 2 cents

what kind of mic-pre would you recommend i get? this is all strictly for vochals, no sampling drums or whatevers.

the Rode NT2 i'll consider.

basiclly ill give you guys my situation.

im doin RnB/HipHop tracks and my production is at its top right now, im hitting everything that i do with complete professionalism. the next step is to do recording with vochals. Ive been to studio's and done vochals their but i want to take it to the next level at doing the vochals at my house, ill be saven money, more creativy, more comfort, i could work on tracks all day - etc.
Basiclly i have a Echo Gina 24/96 sound card and im usen cubase sx 2.01 with a motif rack.
Before i do some stupid money investments i just really need some other people's oppinions on purchases.

so i guess ill consider the Rode NT2 as the mic but what kind of a mic pre should i get then? what other equiptment should i consider that you guys know is stable and works well?

thanks

blitz

Studio Projects C1 ...vs... Rode Nt1-A

ive been reading reviews all night/morning and i cant really decide which one to go for.

**and**

Drspeed...you say you use the Rode Nt1-A and Focusrite VoiceMaster Pro. Im so tired and lazy and i forgot but doesnt the VoiceMaster Pro come with a Mic Pre? and if so what are the postives to the vochals you record along with the negatives. i dont want to screw up another investment in my studio since i am 16 and dont have all the money in the world i have to be critical with the sh*t i buy.

thank you

blitz productions

the rode nt1 sounds better than mics that cost 5 times its value- so you cant gio wrong for the price.
the focusrite has got a wicked preamp- plus u can do eq and compression with it aswell.
this is also good value for money.
the bottom line is with these two bits of equip u can get pro sounding results, ive been to studios where they use this equipment aswell and ive been amazed with the results.
peace

i guess i will go for the VoiceMaster Pro and for the mic's....

im going to have to try out each one out myself and see which one i prefer. from what ive read their both really good mic's.

thanks guys

blitz productions

Back