Mic?

?Does anyone know what mic is being used in MTV'S making the band 2?

You can see pics of the studio and the vocal booth (with the mic) by visiting yahoo.com. Then by typing keywords MTV'S MAKING THE BAND 2, you get to the page, and download the first option.

If I'm not mistaken I think it's a Rode.

Thanks.

When I first saw it, it seemed to look a bit more longer than the Shure 44.

The reason that I asked this was because I saw the making of the band and actually went out to get the cd to see how it sounded....nice mic lol

Last edited:
Nah that was probably just promotional most likely they used the Audiotechnica for the final production. I have a Shure KSM-27 myself and love it and the KSM-44 is much better so I don't really know which one they used.

a long time ago sweetwater had a gear list for that show. you gotta dig for it but i think you can still find it

The main Mic used in the studio on Making the band 2 was a Neuman U87a.

actually, the main mic used was the Sony......umm.....**** the SonyC800.....the neumann was used in the home for the practice recordings...this sony mic retails for 6500 dollars........no lie...i really dont care anyhow.....them dudes suck anyway....bring back that ol' boom bap

no matter what said and done...i believe that the Rode series is good...i worked with different mics but the best one till date is the NT1000 WHICH HAS A WARM SOUND and perfect blend for vocals....try using that...but it surely ain't your average microphone

yo i used the Rode NT1....NT2.......NTK.......NTK IS THE MONSTER BANGER!!! SHURE KSM44 is heat too...for a cheaper jawn....the STUDIO PROJECTS c1 is excellent too..........mics are particular man...its not like just cus they cost alot...they are good.....totally not the case....its personality and style that you want to achieve....my two cents

Thanks alot guys, specially to Lil slip for directing me to Sweet water.

I got the chance to download the list of items used in the show.

If interested in seeing the list, go to YAHOO.COM download SWEETWATER or whatver...and double click on publications. Then, scroll down till you see "SWEETWATER MAKES THE BAND"

From there on you will see all the info to get to the list.

Oops.. I made a mistake in the directions.

When you get to sweetwater, look for "CART" on the top of the page. Once you see that, scroll down to the bottom of the page where it says press releases. From there, look for the month of June.

Back