mic

M

musicsissy

is it worth to buy a SECOND HAND mic on sale, $200 discounted from the original price? ADK GT2 was $600, now $400
any opinions appreciated.

I haven't heard much about this mic, matter of fact I just tried to get review on it and couldn't find one. If you think the mic is worth it sure you could get it second hand, but it depends on what condition the mic is in. Was it returned to the store with in a few days? If not, and the previous owner used it alot you may need to have the diagphram cleaned. I am not sure the cost on that though. Test it and if it sounds clean I would buy it if I was interested in it. I would say see if you can get an extra $50 off it. Tell them you have $350 to spend at that very moment. Maybe blue can give you a better response.

For the money you would spend on a second hand mic...you could buy a new one. I would be cautious purchasing something you don't know about. There are many good microphone designs now with today's technology that cost even less than what you would spend on used gear. do your research and know what you're buyiing. You don't want to get screwed and find out there was something else you may have liked better that might have also been cheaper. Let me suggest the ADK 51 if you really like ADK, and Studio Projects line.

All the best.

M

Looks like a decent mic man. BUT for that money im sure you can get a better mic, maybe cheaper. I dropped 200 on a studio project and i like it alot.

Back