Messing with vocals

Portland

I was just wondering what equipment there was out on the market that could tweak with a person's vocals. I was thinking along the lines of Broken Social Scene's "anthem for 17 year old girl" or "shampoo suicidie" in the style that I want to mess with my vocals.

Also, what is a good, cheap mic to start off with? I'm new in the game and I want to catch up...

Welcome to FP portland. I think you are talking about a vocoder. I don't really work with these, but I do know that there is one on the MicroKorg. And a good cheap mic to start off with is a Shure SM58. I think it is like £70, which is about $100. But I guess this is quite a lot. But anything below $100 and it just becomes a cheap mic, not a good cheap mic.

mazammit said:
Welcome to FP portland. I think you are talking about a vocoder. I don't really work with these, but I do know that there is one on the MicroKorg. And a good cheap mic to start off with is a Shure SM58. I think it is like £70, which is about $100. But I guess this is quite a lot. But anything below $100 and it just becomes a cheap mic, not a good cheap mic.

I second that Shure Mic.

Back