mbox and MIDI

keyboardspeedy

O.K. I've decided on the mbox as my souncard. Can the mbox do MIDI at all?
If I buy one of those midisport thingies, can I use midi?

Nope. You can get that Uno 1:1 midi thing from M-Audio. That's what I used for my other keyboard til I got a usb midi controller.

-Donovan

BUT, you wont be able to use MIDI in Pro Tools at all if you are using an MBOX.

For the most part, I dont know If I would suggest the MBOX. I have the MBOX. Dont get me wrong, I love it. Its great and its all I got to be able to use Pro Tools. So I use pro tools JUST to lay vocals and record live instruments. But I sure would love to do MIDI in it. I dont know how MIDI works out in Pro Tools but using Cubase sure does rule!

So depends on you if you want it. Maybe its a good buy, maybe not!

I dont know how MIDI works out in Pro Tools
you wont be able to use MIDI in Pro Tools at all if you are using an MBOX.

If you don't know how to do it, then why are you telling people it can't be done?! It can, and it is easy. I have protools set up with my mpc and various modules. It is possible, and easy. and to answer the initial question....if you buy a midi sport, you can use midi.

YOU CAN USE MIDI IN PT with an MBOX and a MIDISPORT UNO.

why'd sketta say that?
oh aaannnnd you can plug 1/4 inchers into the xlr jacks :D

Damn man, i tried it already im sorry. How the hell you get it working.

My pro tools doesn't recognize anything midi. I got the usb to midi from m-audio and the radium 49.

Didn't know it works. dont know how to use midi in it cause i never got it to work. Sorry but since it didn't work for me I figured you gotta have a midi hardware from digi also!

Back