MAudio Audiophile 2496 and XP??

R

Rayne

I was thinking of getting the MAudio Audiophile 2496 sound card, all the reviews seem to say it's a great card with good sound for a great price!

But i'm runnign WIndows XP pro with Cubase SX.... and i'm not sure if XP supports this card.... anyone have this set up? or have any problems with it??
PLease help! I need to figreu this out before oct 23 (my birthday :D)

Hey !

- yeah I run an Audiophile on XP, no problems with drivers. There is a new beta driver if you need it to work with Acid 4 but apart from that there are no issues - just great sound quality and a latency to die for :)

Im running mine with FM7 and its just loverly :)

I have also run it with cubase sx but im not a cubase person....

enjoy !:bat:

I run the Audiophiles under XP just fine, but not on Cubase. That shouldn't make a difference, though, as I use the ASIO drivers under Logic.

hmm...

well sounds pretty good :) I think any conflit would be between XP and the sound card... drivers not supported, old stuff, difficulty communicating, etc.... I doubt the SX would have any problem... Cubase is usualy pretty good about mantaining

Rayne said:
and i'm not sure if XP supports this card....

The question should be asked the other way around. Does the card support XP? That translates to: Does it have good drivers made for XP? For the Audiophile, the answer is yes.

Cubase SX and Audiophile 9496, still a disaster!

If you are buying an Audiophile 2496 and your centerpiece is Cubase SX on XP be prepared to have a hissy fit.
Drivers are not up to snuff for SX as of yet, not to mention
SX is still in it's infancy 1.05 ....I wish they would get their act
together already.

Don't get me wrong here. The 2496 is by far one of the best cards to start with.However, I have heard too many complaints about trying to get Cubase SX and Audiophile 2496 to work seamlessly. Can you imagine not being able to record! How about crackles and pops to no end.

All you hardcore users using Logic should have no problems at all with the Audiophile 2496 setup. :)

Check out this site if you want to get the latest on the situation:
http://www.cubase.net

Last edited by a moderator:
I run a Delta with XP, quite similar to the 2496, and I'd say the answer is somewhere inbetween.

YES, m-audio drivers are sketchy.

Yes, you will have to tweak them for some time to get your system up to par.

And yes, it's well worth it for the low latency true ASIO.

I'd also recommend the beta drivers... they werq.

joel B

WOOT - Midiman just released a driver yesterday for the 2496, I'll check it tonight, I hope it resolves the SX latency issues i've been having.

It is dated 12-5-2002 !!!

Last edited:
I also hav been looking at tgthe Terecera DXM 6 fire....

seems a bit nicer.. the breakut box.. well kinda.. it can mount on the front of the comp. so that will make things easier.. and it seems to be very nciee, and around the same price..

anyone know oof any XP/ SX issues with this card?

Back