MACKIE 24/8 bus Analog Mixer---VS--- Behringer MX3282A Eurodesk

Used both, and they are both pretty crappy. I'd probably go with the behringer because you dont get that much more quality on the mackie. Other products to consider:

Behringer 8000 series console (if you can find one)

Digital mixers, the behringer or a second hand yamaha. Either one with a few behringer ADA8000's.

mungo said:
Used both, and they are both pretty crappy. I'd probably go with the behringer because you dont get that much more quality on the mackie.

You gotta be joking?

Nope, believe it or not Mackie is not the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Mungo didn't say the mackie was bad, just that you didn't get a lot more for what you pay for compared to the Behringer board.

Kan u guys just reply either Mackie or Behringer please and give an IN DEPTH answer. You're responding in a general way around the question. Mongo answered it.

I am not saying the Mackie is the best mixer in the world but I have a Mackie 24/8 and it is far more superior than any Beringher. Hardly any hiss whatsoever, No hum, and the power supply is super super silent. You cant even hear that it is on. The mackie mixer is a good mixer for its price ($2,300).

I can patch all 24 inputs with super hot signals and still have headroom. I bet the Beringher will lose headroom after 8 hot tracks or so.

For the higher price for the Mackie its a much better mixer than the Beringher. In fact Beringher is a carbon copy of a Mackie and they even got sued for that.

:)

Well I have the Behringer MX9000 and it is dead quiet. What is hiss? :) And new they are only 1300.00

There is plenty of headroom on this thing. I can run 12 tracks out of the computer into it and do all of the external mixing I want. PLUS I love the LED meters. That is about a 500.00 option on a Mackie.

Concerning the pre's, well I don't use them much. They sound fine for keyboardsand such but I certainly use an external pre for vocals, but then who doesn't?

The EQ is good, however it is very sensitive and a little twist goes a long ways.

This has been a great mixer for the price. Would I want a Mackie 32x8 over it. NO! I would save my change and get a Soundcraft Ghost.

If the Behringer is an exact copy of the Mackie, then why would you want to spend 4 times the price for the same thing?

If we are going to get off on that American made thing, which is why the Mackie costs more, then everyone better start packing up all of those Chinese mics.

Here I think this thread will be interesting to see!

Similar Thread

I am not saying anything bad on Beringher, in fact I was going to consider the eurodesk until I spoke to several people, I had a associate who owned a 32x8 and by seeing the board and actually using it, I made my decision.

:)

I understand.

I was actually hesitant on the MX9000 because people complained about the power supply crapping out. They fixed that and luckily I got one that had the new component.

I always wanted to give the MX8000 a shot. And I actually found one for $600 but the guy that was selling it went away on a trip. By the time he came back I had an 02r.

That's the console Behringer was sued over. They stopped production on it but I do believe they may still have an MX8000A out there. I don't know if it's the same thing as the original MX8000 though.

The MX9000 was pretty attractive too noting the included meter bridge.

Back