m box or cubase sl 2.0

Well the midi in pro tools is pretty apalling. Would you say you're more interested in audio or midi?

peAce

i'd tell you to wait about a month or so.

steinberg has developed an externall soundcard using USB, it will come packed with cubase software aswell.

cubase sucks compared to protools
download cubase for free on ***** see if you like it. its okay if you cant get protools but not a close second

how is pro tools le better then cubase. please tell and dont tell me about the so called standard cause as far as i know if your on a big time level people will roll there eyes at you for using the mbox and pro tools le the same way they would with cubase so please tell me how a pro tools le system is better then cubase.

waxrebo said:
i'd tell you to wait about a month or so.

steinberg has developed an externall soundcard using USB, it will come packed with cubase software aswell.

Did it come out yet?
Do you have any more info on it like a name or a link thanks!

Well the way i see it you are almost comparing an apple and an orange. here is my reasoning...Mbox is an audio interface/soundcard solution AND software. Cubase (thusfar) is just software. So you would have to buy some type of interface to go along with Cubase in order to have a similar package. That being said here are a few of my thoughts after using both types of setups...First Protools is good and Cubase is good. Which is good for you is up to YOU---try demo versions befor you buy! If you don't care much about midi then the following may not matter but--MBox has no midi port. (Not a big deal because most midi controlers are USB capable but it would have been a nice if it were on that box) I'm not going to bother to compare the softwares too much because in the end you really just need to try them out to see what feels better to you, but there definately are some differences and you should read up as much as you can and compare what you read to what you imagine youself trying to accomplish--such as doing a lot of midi work or just audio or having high track counts, da da da da...

The only other thing i would tell you is this: 002 just came out. 002 rackmount just came out. 001 is still out there (not sure for how long though). any of those will yeild pretty much the same software (PT 6.x) but any of them have much(?) better interfaces than the Mbox. Firewire whoops USB butt and that can become very important when workin with complex tracking (or any data transfer for that matter).

Umm, enough for now time to get back to work!

hope that helps a little...

cc

dfacedxa said:
cubase sucks compared to protools
download cubase for free on ***** see if you like it. its okay if you cant get protools but not a close second

You're on crack. Unless you're using a full blown $15K pro tools HD system, you're limiting yourself by using Pro Tools LE. Pro Tools LE is limited to 32 tracks of audio, and the MID sequencing sucks. You're better off with Cubase as much as I hate to say it.

If your just tracking (recording from such sources as a MPC or Triton sequencer), then get the Mbox. I got mine not to long ago and it serves its purpose quite well. But if your gonna be doing alot of midi, and use of VSTi'z, soundfonts and such then go with Cubase. But I'd prolly get Sonar before I get Cubase.

Oh, but if you have alot of outboard gear your gonna need to get a mixer. I suggest a Mackie... model depending of course on the amount of channels you need. Cuz the Mbox is limited to 2 analog/XLR in's. Then you can just run your main outs (or even your Alt 3/4 output) into your Mbox and record audio.

Last edited:
for me i have cubase and protools if i didnt say that. for me my protools **** is a million times better. i dont use a ****in mbox tho

and if you have cubase your gonna still have to get hardware. cubase costs too much if you dont steal it anyway. id say steal cubase over mbox. if your buyin something get an mbox its harware n better software but its limited version

n you cant say theres somethin wrong with me for choosin protools over cubase. it fits my needs way better i do strictly hiphop. this is a place to express opinions. if you wanna talk **** do it in person(to the e head)

I personally would pick Cubase only because it was the first sequencer I ever used and when I tried SX I fell in love with it (It was also the last so I cant bad up PT).

"This is not an argument!!!" Why do people like ProTools over Cubase?
Please list exact features or details. Maybe Ill switch one day.

PS. Im getting a

-UA-1000 USB 2.0
(External Sound Card with Preamps)
and
-Cubase SX

Any complaints or suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
dfacedxa said:
n you cant say theres somethin wrong with me for choosin protools over cubase. it fits my needs way better i do strictly hiphop. this is a place to express opinions. if you wanna talk **** do it in person(to the e head)

Ok if you was talking to me let me say this first of all i ask you to tell me why pro tools is better then cubase....I didnt ask you why why pro tools plus its hardware is better then cubase. Another thing you said is i make hip hop what do pro tools and hip hop got to do with anything cause everybody knows pro tools midi sucks so you cant be doing it all from start to scratch with just pro tools. The last thing you said was you are voicing your opinion. Thats cool to do that but to say something SUCKS and have no real facts is not a good way to go about it.
O yea dog im a paid producer not a boxer so keep the tuff guy stuff n the streets. I ask you to get me a fact why its better...i can give you proof why a bmw is better then a ford and i can tell you this...pro tools and cubase are pretty much the same but just like you said its bout which one you feel better using. I happen to own a digi 001 and mbox so i know.

I have nothing bad to say about pro tools, but I can say that I enjoy working with Cubase SX.:) Obviously people use both of these programs and like them for a reason, because they are good depending on who you are and what you like.

I am a happy PT LE user. I use PT to sequence, and to mix my audio.
I don't understand why people say that PT sucks at midi, never had problems with it and it always does what i want it to do. I used Cubase a while but wasn't to happy about it (sold it), the interface is a bit messy and the standart plugins (reverb, compressor...)are't that good.
So i changed to PT, and i mixed my songs much easier and faster than with Cubase. The way PT works is a lot more user friendly for me, and i get much better results.
The 32-track limitation is no limitation for me.
With the new VST to RTAS adaptor you can use almost any well writen VST or VSTi in PT.
Pro Tools rules for me!

i wasnt talkin to you but reguardless i dont care if your a paid producer i dont care if your a paid prostitute who ever aint gettin paid at least the smallest amount most likely aint really doin ****. im not tryna come off as a tough guy. you wanna battle me with an mpc bring it i got hotter beats than you any day. ill arrange the venue come to nyc maybe youll learn more than in a forum

Back