Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: m box or cubase sl 2.0

Thanks

m box or cubase sl 2.0

Sign in to disable this ad
    Which one should I get.

Thanks
    Well the midi in pro tools is pretty apalling. Would you say you're more interested in audio or midi?

peAce
    |||||Meka|||||
    .The Beat Poet.

Thanks
    audio.

Thanks
    i'd tell you to wait about a month or so.

steinberg has developed an externall soundcard using USB, it will come packed with cubase software aswell.

Thanks
    cubase sucks compared to protools
    download cubase for free on ***** see if you like it. its okay if you cant get protools but not a close second

Thanks
    how is pro tools le better then cubase. please tell and dont tell me about the so called standard cause as far as i know if your on a big time level people will roll there eyes at you for using the mbox and pro tools le the same way they would with cubase so please tell me how a pro tools le system is better then cubase.

Thanks
    Originally posted by waxrebo
    i'd tell you to wait about a month or so.

steinberg has developed an externall soundcard using USB, it will come packed with cubase software aswell.
    Did it come out yet?
    Do you have any more info on it like a name or a link thanks!
    "The wise general looks to the enemy for food.
    One bushel of enemy food equals twenty bushel of mine" -Sun Tzu
    I.E. To eat a mans food!
    [url= http://www.extracliprecords.com][IMG]http://www.extracliprecords.com/pics/logo1.jpg[/IMG][/url]

NJ thru NYC up to MA, now back in NJ trying to avoid the carcinogens!
    Thanks
    Well the way i see it you are almost comparing an apple and an orange. here is my reasoning...Mbox is an audio interface/soundcard solution AND software. Cubase (thusfar) is just software. So you would have to buy some type of interface to go along with Cubase in order to have a similar package. That being said here are a few of my thoughts after using both types of setups...First Protools is good and Cubase is good. Which is good for you is up to YOU---try demo versions befor you buy! If you don't care much about midi then the following may not matter but--MBox has no midi port. (Not a big deal because most midi controlers are USB capable but it would have been a nice if it were on that box) I'm not going to bother to compare the softwares too much because in the end you really just need to try them out to see what feels better to you, but there definately are some differences and you should read up as much as you can and compare what you read to what you imagine youself trying to accomplish--such as doing a lot of midi work or just audio or having high track counts, da da da da...

The only other thing i would tell you is this: 002 just came out. 002 rackmount just came out. 001 is still out there (not sure for how long though). any of those will yeild pretty much the same software (PT 6.x) but any of them have much(?) better interfaces than the Mbox. Firewire whoops USB butt and that can become very important when workin with complex tracking (or any data transfer for that matter).

Umm, enough for now time to get back to work!

hope that helps a little...

cc

Thanks
    Originally posted by dfacedxa
    cubase sucks compared to protools
    download cubase for free on ***** see if you like it. its okay if you cant get protools but not a close second
    You're on crack. Unless you're using a full blown $15K pro tools HD system, you're limiting yourself by using Pro Tools LE. Pro Tools LE is limited to 32 tracks of audio, and the MID sequencing sucks. You're better off with Cubase as much as I hate to say it.

Thanks
    If your just tracking (recording from such sources as a MPC or Triton sequencer), then get the Mbox. I got mine not to long ago and it serves its purpose quite well. But if your gonna be doing alot of midi, and use of VSTi'z, soundfonts and such then go with Cubase. But I'd prolly get Sonar before I get Cubase.
    I see your fear. I see your greed. Only when I plunge... will you see me. Prick.

Thread Information