m-audio BX5a

C

C-Enes

i just got a good out-of-box deal on a pair of these monitors. they are covered in kevlar. anyone wanna explain why besides making them stronger?

Not sure, but I just bought a pair myself...a lot of people say that they rattle when making hip hop music. What's your take on this?? Do you make hip hop?? Do they rattle in your opinion??

mine are pretty heavy so they dont rattle as much as people say they do. i do make hip hop and it has never rattled with me before. the only problem i have is static in the speaker when there isnt anything playing. it could be that i have them too loud but still...

Ok...great, thanks for the info. I just hooked up my monitors and they sound great!!!1 I'm using the Samson Resolv Sub 88 with my monitors and they are an awesome combo!!1

Last edited:
I've had the Bx5a's for 4 months. I also copped a krk 10in sub along with them. IMO the Bx5a's are weak on the low end. I wish i had a much better low and i didnt need the sub.

Fire Productionz said:
I've had the Bx5a's for 4 months. I also copped a krk 10in sub along with them. IMO the Bx5a's are weak on the low end. I wish i had a much better low and i didnt need the sub.

So how do you feel about the KRK sub?? Does it accurately represent the low end in your mixes??

my uncle bought a pair of BX5A and we both didn't like it. It's only good for highs. but luckily he had a sub for it. but yea i agree with fireproductions, they have weak low end.

^^Ok...that's fine. How do you feel about the complete package, sub and BX5a's?? That's my question.

the setup with the sub is not bad, its okay. but without that sub to help you out, it will be a hard time figuring out if the lows are hitting at the right level. but since you have a sub, its all good. i have a pair of krks, and im in love with them lol.

actually, the lows on these babies are pretty good. in my opinion, i wouldn't buy subs for them, unless i want to piss off the neighbors lol. but if you do want a pair of krks, get the rp8s. they push 280watts together, and your getting i believe 200watts out of the low driver(s) together, so its definitely alot of slap to it. but from my experience, the krks rp5, rp6 and rp8 are well worth it for the money.

Last edited:
Back