M-Audio Audiophile BX8 monitors

beanyles

can anyone tell me if these monitors are video shielded???

i have very limited space in my home studio and i fear for these monitors to suck up my hard drive or mess up my crappy 17'video monitor. so, can i safely place them next to them???? i can place the pc on the floor, but the screen will be right next to the monitors.

p.s. damn do they sound nice...

Just look them up on any site you can buy em from and it should say in the specs there.

if you can go to a store a listen to them, i'd recommend that...and i have one set of my monitors by my monitor...don't interfere at all, but when i crank em up and the bass hits, i can see the screen get wavey....it's pretty funny but no interference....

i'm currently using them in my mini project studio setup and i am pleased with how true they are for motitoring and their tonal range is very satisfying for mixing. the only thing is found strange was the drastic difference in how they sound from upright to horizontal position in terms of soundstage presentation. i prefer them upright. as far as video sheilding....i'm not really sure about that cause i'm using a flat panel monitor (not effected by magnets) but i'm sure that if your monitor gets just a lil discoloration over a certain time that you can easily restore it by using the degauss funtion and resume your monitoring.

:cheers: good luck man.

dont lay them horizontal, atleast thats what the manual says....

i have a pair, work great for me, they are a little bright sounding, so your mixes may come out sliiiiightly dull if u dont watch it

Back