Loud noises!

Brownz

Sup bros I use krk 5s with a 2i2 interface is it better to use my krk 5s even on really really low volume then use my dt770s headphones for mixing because I get told to lower the volume sometimes on the krk5s must be the bass they hear?

not too much you can do about that - if you need to turn it down and use headphones then your bass mix will be out of whack with the rest of the mix - try to find a time of day where you working at mix volumes will not disturb others whether it is your family or your neighbours....

Brownz,

Working at a very low level (so low that you can't get work done) obviously will not work out, though you don't need to "blast" them either. Establish a comfortable working volume that is workable for you and those you live with and try to be reasonable with time. What I do is turn my interface up 100% and turn my speakers down on their controls to a comfortable level for everyone in the house. This way, I can never accidentally turn it up louder than that. At other points during the day when you aren't able to listen at working volumes, then use the headphones.

Headphones aren't bad as long as you're referencing back to your speakers, but be sure to check often - I've had to re-do segments of tracks from times when I left my headphones on without checking certain parts on the speakers. For arranging, any listening source is fine.

I find that for mixing the best thing to do is mix them with the speakers. In situation like that I also use headphones but I when I mix I bounce back and fourth between the two. On certain parts of the song I'll refer to the speakers and once I get that mix right I"ll go for the headphones for things I know a headset can handle. It's more or less something you learn with experience but it helps.

Back