Logic and Cubase Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

--SYNTH--

Everytime I try to play something in Logic or in Cubase my computer crashes!!! I Have a Pentium 4 1.4 ghz, 512 mb ram and an Audiophile 2496 sound card....

I've already downloaded the latest drivers from m-audio site and I've already reinstalled my sound card but it keeps crashing (and in my old PC with SB Live it doesn't happen!!)

PLZ What do i have to do?? help me

give some more detail will ya..... when exactly does it crash? the moment you hit play? what exactly crashes, the operating system (which one?) ? what are you trying to playback, midi tracks, audio or both? could be a midi problem....... check back with more info and i'll see what i can do.....

oh and... don't double post, the moderator will hunt you down if you do :bat:

I'm using windows ME

My computer crashes exactly when i hit the play button, or when i try to quit the program or when i try to do anything in both softwares

strange.... my money is on MIDI: have you any MIDI devices (usb perhaps) beside the audiocard's MIDI port? is your MIDI in/out connected to any external gear? there could be a MIDI fb loop somewhere..... try disabling MIDI drivers (Device MAnager -> Sound, Video, and Game Controllers) and see whether problem persists.

a note on the OS: i'm afraid ME is not the best option for audio, try to change to W2k or XP if you can..... but that's not the cause for your current problem of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back