Thread: Logic and Cubase Problem

Thanks

Logic and Cubase Problem

Sign in to disable this ad
    Everytime I try to play something in Logic or in Cubase my computer crashes!!! I Have a Pentium 4 1.4 ghz, 512 mb ram and an Audiophile 2496 sound card....

I've already downloaded the latest drivers from m-audio site and I've already reinstalled my sound card but it keeps crashing (and in my old PC with SB Live it doesn't happen!!)

PLZ What do i have to do?? help me

Thanks
    give some more detail will ya..... when exactly does it crash? the moment you hit play? what exactly crashes, the operating system (which one?) ? what are you trying to playback, midi tracks, audio or both? could be a midi problem....... check back with more info and i'll see what i can do.....

oh and... don't double post, the moderator will hunt you down if you do

Thanks
    I'm using windows ME

My computer crashes exactly when i hit the play button, or when i try to quit the program or when i try to do anything in both softwares

Thanks
    strange.... my money is on MIDI: have you any MIDI devices (usb perhaps) beside the audiocard's MIDI port? is your MIDI in/out connected to any external gear? there could be a MIDI fb loop somewhere..... try disabling MIDI drivers (Device MAnager -> Sound, Video, and Game Controllers) and see whether problem persists.

a note on the OS: i'm afraid ME is not the best option for audio, try to change to W2k or XP if you can..... but that's not the cause for your current problem of course.

Thanks
    Dude, dont cross-post the same thread multiple times please!
    closing
    PLEASE HELP FP BY CLICKING ON

Thread Information